Chapter 5: Jane Foster

Loki stepped into the light and travelled to the other realm. Lights, Planets, stars flew passed him. He opened his eyes again and discovered Heimdall had brought him to an abandoned alleyway where the Prince would not be seen. The humans had not forgotten what he had done to New York. Loki looked up at the bright blue sky, knowing that Heimdall could see him and said: "Thank you.". And somewhere out there in the universe a bright eyed man said; you're welcome. 

The Asgardian tried to create the illusion of wearing Midgardian clothes, but because of the pain and wounds in his hands, he failed to do so. So he lurked in the shadows and figured it would be best to hide and move unseen. He was one of Earth's biggest enemies and he had to be extra careful. The Prince didn't know where else to go, he sighed. Loki had no choice, but to go to Jane Foster and tell her the news his brother was dead and as he sneaked from alleyway to alleway, the Trickster became more and more interested in the Midgardian lifestyle. Of course he didn't know where Jane lived, so he had to go to the university, but first he had to get some clothes that would fit. Loki could not go walking around in his Asgardian clothing. 

A few hours later at Jane's place~~~~~~~~~

'....and have shown it to have no scientific validity or explanatary power....',

Jane lived in a small home on the edge of town. She was currently writing an article the university had requested. 

'.........;Geoffrey Dean has suggested that the effect may be caused by...........',

*Ding Dong*, Jane rubbed her head. She had been working all day on the stupid article. What she was writing was absolute shit and she knew it, but apparently the University liked it. They told her not to write difficult words so that normal people would be able to read it. Normal people?! What was that supposed to mean? *Ding Dong*, the doorbell rang again. The woman wondered who it could be, she wasn't expecting any visitors. Darcy was on vacation with Ian in the Bahamas and Erik was at the university. It could always be Thor? Yeah it probably was him. *Ding Dong*, the doorbell rang for the third time and someone knocked hard on the front door. Jane wanted to know who it was, but she was working hard and good right now! 'Oh screw it!', she thought, 'I might as well use a break!'. She got of her chair, walked to the font door and opened it. Before her stood a tall man with pitch black hair and emerald green eyes...

He was wearing a hat covering those pretty eyes, a shirt that was slightly too short and jeans, also too short. He was wearing white sneakers underneath. 

"Uhm hello? Do I know you?", she said, "Oh my god! You're bleeding! Are you okay sir?". Loki looked up, they made eye contact and the scientist froze. Her lips silently formed the word Loki and he nodded in response. Jane stepped aside and the Asgardian entered her small house. She closed the door and gestured for him to sit down on her purple sofa, which he did. There was an awkward silence for some time before Jane bombarded Loki with questions: 

"How come you're still alive? Are you a ghost? Where did you get those clothes? How do you know where I live? Is Thor here? Why are YOU here? Why are your hands bleeding? What happened?", Loki was already annoyed by all her questions and her curiosity. He sighed and replied: 

"Me dying was an illusion I created so I could go back to Asgard and rule, so I guess that answers your question; no I'm not a ghost. I'm very real. These clothes belong to a Midgardian who unfortunately crossed my path, I might've stolen these clothes...it's a thing I usually don't do, but I had no other option! Don't worry though, he's safe and well in an abandoned alleyway. After that I went to your university and told them I was an old colleague of yours, I hit them with some science stuff and persuaded them to give me your adress. I had to come her and tell you. Thor is not here...well...he....I..-", the Trickster knew he had to tell her, but his mouth just wouldn't say it. 'I have to, for brother!', he thought. Then he continued: "My brother is dead. I watched him die, now the whole of Asgard is looking for me, but I'm here because I knew I had to tell you about him.". 

Jane was speechless, was he tricking her? Thor....Loki watched him die? Does that mean?- "Did you kill him?", she couldn't help but ask. It was not a kind question to ask someone that had just lost their sibling. Loki didn't care, he hadn't murdered his brother, but that didn't mean it wasn't his fault. 

"No.", he said, "I didn't kill him. He was murdered by unknown man. They attacked Asgard. Three of them came to the dungeons where we were at. Thor had just discovered I was still alive and had been pretending to be father. They fought him and...won. He was pierced by a blade in his waist, but he kept fighting until the blade in his heart. I tried to get to him, but you must know the cells glass is made of lasers....well I burned myself escaping. The whole of Asgard thinks I killed him and now they're after me. Heimdall helped me here, luckily.", again Jane was speechless. 

For her it was weird that loki was in her house and telling her about how he lost his brother and somehow she felt sorry for him. A part of her didn't believe her immortal friend was dead and was a 100% sure the Prince was lying. There was only one way to know if he was lying and if his hands were an illusion... "Ouch.", Loki whispered. The crazy lady had just slapped him across the face. She gasped and mumbled a vague 'Oh sorry' under her breath. She left the living room and Loki wondered where she had gone, but then a few minutes later, she had come back. She was carrying a first aid kit case in her hand. Jane sat next to Loki and took his hands into hers. "Ouch!", he said, pulling back, "Don't touch me!". However when the woman explained to him that she was only trying to help, he gave in. 

Loki's POV:

First of all she leaves without saying a word, then she comes back carrying a weird red case and doesn't explain what it does and then finally she touches me without my permission?! Sheesh, midgardians! I don't understand what my brother ever saw in her! "Loki, give me your hand. I'm trying to help you know, heal it? Do you want your hands back to normal or what?", Jane says. Oh well.... I give her my hands, a little bit ashamed. What else did I think she was going to do? While she's busy with my hands I take some time to study her. Right now she's wearing navy blue sweatpants and a white T-shirt. When I look up to her face though, it's not what I saw last time I saw her. Back then I just saw her as my brothers newest toy or something, his property, but she's different. She's strong and right now, to me, she looks very pretty. Hey, she even has a beauty mark on her cheek! But a pain in my arm snaps me back to reality, oh my me that hurts and oh boy I let her know! "Ouchhhhhh that hurts! What are you even doing?!". How dare she roll her eyes at me?! Does she not know who I am?! 

3rd person: 

Jane washed Loki's wounds and contaminated them, then she rapped bandages around his hands all the way up to his arms. "You can stay here, in my houses, until your hands are fully healed and you can do your magic tricks again.", the scientist proposed. Loki just nodded and she showed him to the guest room. It was a small room with a single bed. A large print of the Death Star was visible on the sheets. The window was on the opposite side of the room which Loki found very comforting. On the nightsand stood an old lamp. It was the only light in the room, but it was enough for the Prince. And finally a small wooden desk and chair stood in the corner of the room. "It's not much I know..and tomorrow we'll go shopping for clothes and pyama's. Anyways I'll leave you to settle in!", Jane said and as she left Loki said: "Jane?". The Midgardian abruptly turned around in surprise at the mention of her name. 

They gazed into eachothers eyes before the Prince said: "Thank you.".

-1559 

What up buttercups? So Loki and Jane are now sort of living together, but don't forget that danger still lurks in the shadows. Midgardians, the Avengers, Asgardians, they're all looking for Loki. Will Jane be able to keep him safe? If you liked this chapter, please vote and comment :)

Cya later alligators! Pickle over and out.

-The Pickle of Mishief aka Maud