five

Been a minute since i last updated:(

azail :

" You don't think this is too much? " I stutter for the 5th time tonight, looking at mine and Caroline's reflection in the mirror as she leans against the bathroom door.

" That dress is not even that revealing " she says, slightly squinting her eyes

" I'll be working at a bar Caroline, all the creeps go there " i speak sucking in a nervous breath, chewing on a cuticle while poring over the timeless pieces of wardrobe that's hugging my body tightly, it's a simple yet elegant little black dress.

" Isn't that what you wanted? " She challenges, causing me to inhale sharply.

" I can be the reason they come here more often and spend more money " she mocks the exact words i told her and i press my lips firmly together.

" You know i said that just to get the job " i state, bringing my hand to untie my long hair.

" I'm aware, but you can't go back now "

I automatically turn around to face her, squinting my eyes as i giggle " Are you asking me to hook up with the costumers miss smith? "

" Nothing i haven't done before " Her mischievous look shows that she's amused of her trouble words.

She pushes herself off the door frame, taking a few steps to stand behind me in the mirror " i'm just asking you to cooperate azail " she states much more serious now and i feel my shoulders tense.

" I'm just a little apprehensive " i admit, staring at the ground

" It's a dress, not a piece of nipple stickers azail- relax " she states with her hands gripping my face gently.

She just doesn't know- she won't get it!

I blow out a heavy breath, pinching the bridge of my nose " I know" i mutter indignantly " let's just leave " my cryptic smile is growing.

" You are finally ready to leave now? "

I nod quickly hoping the night goes by quicker than I'll expect, i can't let anything bad happen. I can't spark any arguments with anyone, i want my first night to be a bonding experience and a way to find peace so i can get through with my days there.

" Alright! " Is all she adds before trolling out of the bathroom.

••••

The heavy frantic music plays in the air; full of wild drumming and fast guitars all mixed with hundreds of conversations told in loud voices while people literally threw their bodies into each other.

Their vibe completes the rock music that dominates the atmosphere, and i swear if I could melt into this bar I'd be the vibe, move around as easily as the smoke. I'd soak in the laughter and the smiles, dance upon each octave in microscopic disco shoes. But meanwhile, back in reality instead of my imaginary world, i will be here dealing with creeps, serving them or ensuring that they are well served- as the night goes on, I'll be more comfortable in this crowd, intoxicated by spirits and the moments all the same.

Caroline turns to me, looking smug as she approaches down " Now that you work here, can we get we get free drinks? "

" I mean if you are trying to get me fired " was all i manage to say, She tried to suppress her giggling, but ended up bursting into loud laughter.

" Wouldn't want that for you " she murmurs before grabbing me by the wrist firmly as she walks us over to the bar without managing to collide into anyone.