seventeen

I mentioned a few chapters ago that I turned 15...well that was a few years ago I'm 17 now going on 18 even...yeah:/

azail:

"Bite your face to spite your nose
17 and a half years old..." I sang the words out loud along with the singer.

"Worrying about my brother finding out
Where's the fun in doing what you're told?" My hair brush in my right as I stare at my reflection in the mirror. I was wearing an extra large man's sweater and my sleeping short that hides little to nothing.

"I said, No!" I flip my hair dramatically.
"Oh, give it a rest, I could persuade you
I'm not your typical, stoned 18-year-old
Give me a night, I'll make you" my feet move along the rhythm of the song I know wholeheartedly, as my free hand's trying to move along but finding it difficult "I know you're looking for salvation in the secular age But, girl, I'm not your savior Wrestle to the ground God help me now"

"Cause they're just girls breaking hearts
And eyes bright, uptight, just girls
But she can't be what you need if she's 17" I shake my head sassily before bursting into laughter at my own ridiculousness.

As the song continues to play out, I keep trying to move along and come up with any dance moves I could.

"...You just sit and get stoned with 30-year-olds And you think you've made it." Rolling my eyes, I stick my tongue out and point my index finger to it at the mention.

At some point through the song, I heard the sound of my phone buzzing with message notification but I ignored not wanting to stop dancing.

"...Cause they're just girls breaking hearts
And eyes bright, uptight, just girls
But she can't be what you need if she's 17 They're just girls They're just girls Cause they're just girls (girls)" I was sat down on the floor around this part, just moving my head delicately along the music until it ends and another one starts playing.

But before I could get lost again, I reach for my phone on my desk and check the notification that was sent by Harry.

H: Get ready, I'll be there in 15 minutes.

I was taken aback when I saw the message and I had an urge to protest against my own will but who am I kidding the thought of seeing him has my heart dancing like a ballerina inside my rip cage, I haven't seen him since yesterday and I really miss him.

It's been two weeks since I had a panic attack in front of harry in his car and in those two weeks we've been inseparable; in his words to make it believable that we are a couple though I'm starting to get the feeling Harry genuinely likes to spend time with me and the thought of it is enough to send a strange dose of dopamine through my veins.

Last week I brought Harry home to meet my aunt which was something she really insisted on, to my surprise he was such a gentleman; bringing her flowers roses to be specific and chocolate cake as well as kissing her hand and showering her with compliments the minute he stepped through the door (which is the absolute key to her heart). Needless to say Ann now adores Harry and is questioning me about him the entire time and I was always sure to let her know that we are just friends; I didn't want to lie because it'll be impossible to explain it to her later when this whole situation is over also she's known to have this bad habit of getting attached quickly to people so I'm saying myself the dramatics and her the heartbreak.

Davis has not once  appeared in front of me in these past two weeks which I suspected is Harry's doing. Also Harry's friends have been incredibly nice to me and supportive of our 'relationship' especially Niall whom I'm starting to get closer to by the day which is making both Liam jealous claiming he's stealing me; his best friend and coworkers and Harry but just for show.

I'm really happy about these new friendships I'm making and it's making me nervous for when this is over, I really hope I don't lose them because of it!

I rush to my feet, running quickly to the bathroom to take a quick shower; letting the warm water run down my body as I lather the shampoo through my hair quickly before moving onto my washing my body.

Getting out of the shower I dry my hair and start doing my makeup; concealer under my eyes to hide the fact I haven't been sleeping well, bronzer and blush as well as highlighter to bring back the life lost from my face, then I do a thin eyeliner and a coat of mascara and finally burgundy lipgloss which is something I found myself wearing a lot lately ever since Harry pointed it out saying he loves it on me.

I run quickly back to my room to first check my phone to find a message from Harry delivered 10 minutes ago

H: I'm here, but don't rush yourself sweetheart take all the time you need I'll be waiting:)

I smile to myself at how thoughtful this man is, then I head to my closet to pick out the outfit I've been planing in my head while getting ready; my denim mini skirt and matching jacket and my black platform boots, though it's November 5th the weather is pretty nice but still not nice enough for what I'm wearing but as they say beauty is pain.

As I check myself one last time in the mirror to make sure I don't have anything sitting funny then head straight out the door, passing from the kitchen I yell " Ann I'm going out with Harry, I don't know when I'll be home "

I hear her approaching but I don't turn to see her as I hear her voice " take care and tell Harry I said hi "

" Also invite him over sometime this week " she adds and of course she'd say that, he's been the only topic on her tongue since he came over and as much as I'd like to say that it's frustrating it's not in the least bit I love talking about him and her obsession with him saves me the awkwardness of having to bring him up.

" Okay " I say in a loud voice.

Walking through the small space of the parking lot to wear Harry who's smile is too big to hide, I wave with my fingers " hey "

He immediately steps forward cupping my cheeks in his hands and placing a kiss on my forehead which makes the blood rush to my cheeks " missed you " he murmurs and I don't think I'll ever be able to get accustomed to his straightforwardness as it never fails to trigger the butterflies living in my stomach.

I gulp not knowing how to reply because repeating what he said is something I struggle thinking about alone let alone saying it out loud to him. " so where are we going ?" I ask trying to change the topic

He pulls a strand of my hair behind my ear "Get in the car, you'll see " he says and I nod.

~~

-chapter 17; didn't take me that long now...right?

Cherie:)