fourteen

azail:

Sometimes I think that life is some sort of cruel joke on me and everyone is conspiring to prank me everywhere I go.

If that's the case– then please quit this shit, it's genuinely not funny anymore.

After I agreed to be his fake girlfriend, I spent approximately an hour minutes just curled up in Harry's lap as I uncontrollably sobbed my eyes out while he tried to offer me comfort in any way he could; wiping away my tears, kissing my forehead, and fidgeting with my hair while he reassured me in softly whispered words.

But despite everything of comfort he provided and every promise he made, I don't have it in myself to believe him.

Though what he said was quite credible, it's just in my nature to distrust every word said by a man.

I guess I've been let down by enough of them.

Currently I'm getting ready for my nightly shift at the bar; Harry had just sent me a message saying he'll be here in ten minutes.

When he drove me home last night, he asked for my number so that he could text me before coming to pick me up, said that he won't let me out of his gaze whenever we're at the bar until he ensures I'm safe and to also make it believable that we are a couple but when I asked him what story should we tell about us meeting so we are on the same page he said that he doesn't have to explain himself to anyone and neither do I.

Last night, I had a hard time falling asleep since I kept overthinking too much and on top of that, I couldn't get rid of the pictures of the horrifying scene I watched.

But when I look at my ghostly reflection in the mirror, I'm caught completely off guard by my dark eye circles and lifeless pale skin.

I quickly applied makeup to cover up as much as I could, including eyeliner, mascara, my favorite gloss, blush and bronzer to revive my face.

And just like that I look humanly again.

As I heard the sound of a car beeping and recognized it to be Harry's. I hurriedly inspected my appearance in the large mirror; I was dressed all in black; shirt, skirt and tights but I threw on my maroon leather jacket in order to avoid getting cold in this chilly late October weather and I also wore boots in the same color as the jacket then I rushed down stairs.

On my way to the door I spotted Ann by the window, looking at what I believe is Harry's car.

She confirmed my suspicion when she asked " is this expensive car waiting for you? "

" Y-yes " I stutter

" And will you enlighten me on who it is? " She finally turned to look at me

" Just a friend from work " I shrug trying to sound casual

" Right " she nods her head " and is this friend from work the same one that has been driving you home for the past three days? " She squints suspiciously.

'Fuck.me' I think to myself, with everything that's happened in these last three days it felt like a whole month has gone by. I hadn't been thinking straight or else I would've thought about him driving me home for three days in a row would absolutely raise Ann's suspension.

" It's really no one important Ann " I shrug " like I said just a friend from work " I add

" Hmmm " she hums " okay then let me meet this 'friend from work' as soon as possible " she gave me a twisted smile.

I felt my face going blank, but in order to avoid raising her suspicion further, I continued to shrug indifferently " sure I will let him know, I've got to go now or else I'll be late, bye!" I gave her a kiss on the cheek before heading out.

" Bye, love you!" She said after me but I didn't get to reply since I was running as fast as I could from the awkwardness of the situation.

If there was one thing I hated most in life; it's lying to Ann.

She was the most truthful person to me my whole life and she expects me to return the same honestly, so lying to her even in the most harmless ways makes me feel guilty as if I betrayed her.

Harry is leaning against his car in the parking lot scrolling through his phone as I walk out of the building, there's a genuine smile that breaks out on his face when he looks up and sees me.

And I feel as if there was something fluttering around my stomach but I ignore it and press my lips together as I approach him.

" Hi " I wave awkwardly with my hand.

" Hello, chérie " he pushes off the car, coming to stand at my feet.

I'm taking aback when he takes my hand that's midway in the air and gently kisses the back of it as he compliments " you look beautiful tonight "

" When did Harry styles because such a gentleman? " I question sarcastically.

" Give me a break, I'm trying here. " he answers with the same sarcastic tone.

Then suddenly his expression completely changes from playful to concerned as he checks " are you okay though? "

I clear my throat, feeling uncomfortable " yeah... I think? "

He draws his lips into a thin line as he pulls me into a hug " you'll be alright, I'll make sure of it "

Before I allow myself to lean into the hug and stay there forever, I get a reminder that Ann might be if not surely is watching us through the mirror so I pull back " let's go please I don't wanna be late "

" Yeah you're right " he agrees as he turns to open the passenger door for me.

I get into the car with a deep exhale, and I watch him through the clear glass as he strides to the other side of the car getting in and shutting the door behind him.

he revives the engine, setting the car into drive mode as he directs us to the bar.

When we arrive at our destination, he parks the car in the lot. And when I try to open the door for myself, he stops me by resting his palm on top of mine on the handle, shutting the door.
Then, he quickly rushes outside to open it for me himself.

I chuckle to myself, finding this whole thing of him trying to be a gentleman the most ironic thing in the world.

My brows crease in astonishment as he extends his hand for me to hold.

" We've got to play the role well, if we want to make it believable " he stated when he saw the look of surprise on my face.

I nod my head as I place my hand in his and he interviews our fingers together, that's when I felt that same thing fluttering around my stomach, but it's much stronger now as it travels to my whole body making my limbs tingle.

I once again ignore it as he starts walking us to the bar.

••

Hellooooo, here's a new chapter for anyone who might wanna read this someday;)

– chérie