Chapter Eighteen: After Dinner Part 2 and the Next Morning

After Harry had left your bedroom, you called Clair to come back in.  When she didn't, you went to go look for her.  You first checked in Ginny's room, then in your parents room, but she was in neither.  You went down to the kitchen and see your mom, dad, and Clairity sitting around the table. 

"Oh, good, y/n, you're just in time." Your mom says (lol your mom).

"In time for what?" You say, slightly concerned.

"We are going to tell you what the Order has been working on." Your father states.  'Oh yeah,' you think in your head, 'that argument over dinner must've happened today.'  You had forgotten everything that had happened because of your short talk with Harry. 

"So, just to start off with, you all know that Voldemort came back and the Order was re-instated to protect something" Your father says with a serious look on his face.

"Now, I know you are good friends with Harry, but you must not tell him what we are about to tell you" Your mother says, looking at you sternly.  You nod your head before looking her in the eye as she says, "Voldemort is looking for something called a prophecy.  He believes that it holds a secret that he wishes to hear." 

"Does the Order know what it says?" Asks Clairity with wide eyes.

"No, but we know that if Voldetort wants it, then it must be important" Your father says, addressing your sister.  Throughout all of this, you kind of just sit there quietly taking in the information that you have just received from your parents.  

"So, what happens if Voldemort does get his hands on it?" You ask, with a black face.

"Well, we are not entirely sure at this point, but we can hope that it is not too detrimental to our side" Your mother says, dropping her head.  You look at them and study their faces.  Faces once filled with color and happiness, now filled with shadows and sharp features from the long hours they had been working with the Order.  You begin to think of early memories from your childhood, such as playing hide and go seek in the garden with Clairity and your mother.  You think of simpler times and tears come to your eyes.  Your father notices this and says, "Okay girls, you may go now, but again do not repeat this information to anyone, especially not Harry."  

"Yes sir."  You and Clair say in unison. Before you can leave the kitchen though, your parents pull you both into a big hug and say, "Remember that we love you and that we are proud of you, no matter what." 

--------------------------------------------

Upstairs has a different dynamic now, Fred and George are not apparating (?) from room to room anymore.  You both settle into bed and hope of sweet dreams, which never come.

The next morning seems to be brighter than usual, with everyone in a good mood.  The moods seem to be forced, but a forced happy mood is always better than a true upset one in your opinion.  As you stand outside of Hermione's bedroom, waiting for her to get ready, you hear two faint pops next to you.   You turn to see two tall, red-haired boys leaning against the wall behind you.

"Good morning Gred and Forge" You say with a small hint of a smile on your face.  Ever since they had told you those names on the Hogwarts express in your first year, you have been calling them that and it clearly gets on their nerves, as they roll their eyes to this statement.  

"Y/n, you have got to stop calling us that" Fred says.

"Yeah, we were just joking with you and it has been four years!" George finishes his sentence.  You just shake your head and turn back around because you hear the door open and there stands your best friend, Hermione Granger.  

"Good morning you two," she says, acknowledging the twins.  

"'Morning Hermione" The pair says in unison.  They then disappear with another faint pop and leaves you two alone.  

"So shall we go get breakfast?"  You ask, noticing your growling stomach. 

"Sure" Hermione says and the two of you walk down the stairs as normal human beings usually do.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey y'all, I am so sorry that you guys had to wait this long for a new chapter, I am taking 4 APs and it is definitely taking it's toll on my mental health lol.  This chapter was going to be a little short, so if the morning thing seems extra, it was a sad attempt to make this chapter longer.  I hope that you all are doing well and please remember that you are loved!