Chapter Nine: The First Day

You know that you wake up late when you feel Hermione pushing on you saying, "(Y/n)! You really should wake up, if you don't we are going to be late for breakfast!"  You grumble some and she pushes you out of bed.  You sit up straight and see Lavender and Hermione both giggling.  You roll your eyes and get up.

As you walk down to breakfast, you notice that the portraits are moving and seemingly whispering. 

"Hermione,"  You say, "What are the portraits doing?"

"Oh! They are supposed to do that.  They are bewitched to move around, they can even move from portrait to portrait!"  Hermione tells you.  You look up all around you with wonder in your eyes.  'This castle keeps leaving me with new surprises!'  You think.  You keep walking and you finally reach the Great Hall, it is right in the middle of breakfast, so there is about half of the school there.  You look around for Harry and Ron, but don't see them and you shrug.  You then look around for Draco and he is there.  You tell Hermione and Lavender to save a seat for you and that you will be right back.  They wave to you and you make your way to the Slytherin table.  As you are walking to where Draco is, you notice that practically everyone who is sitting at the Slytherin table is staring at you, minus Draco.  When you sit down next to him, though, he looks very surprised.  He is about to say something when you cut him off with, "I can be your friend, as long as you don't call Hermione that name again."  He gives you another suprised look and says, "Deal."  You shake on it then he says, "So, how was you ride here?"

"You mean after I ran into you?" You say.

"Yeah."

"Well I ran into the Weasley twins," as you say this, he gives you a look of disgust until you shot a daring glance back and he wipes it off his face imedietly, "They were quite something.  They told me that their names were Gred and Forge.  I didn't think much of it until I found Hermione again.  She was in a compartment with Harry Potter and Ron Weasley.  Ron told me that their names were actually Fred and George."

"Hm." Draco says.  You glance at him and he is thinking.

"Well, I must be on my way, or Hermione is going to be worried."  You wave at him as you leave and he smiles and waves back.  Again, as you walk back to the Gryffindor table, all of the Slytherins are looking at you funny.  You slide into the seat next to Hermione and Lavender gives you a funny look.

"What?" you ask.

"Why were you sitting at the Slytherin table?" she asks.

"I was talking to a friend."  You answer.

"Why do you have a friend that is a Slytherin?  They hate Gryffindor and they are all evil."  She says.

"Why do you say that?" You ask.

"Because You-Know-Who was from that house."  Hermione cuts in.

"Who is that, everyone keeps talking about him as if I know him."  You say.  Lavender and even Hermione looks at you suprised.

"He is the most evil wizard in history, even eviler then Grindelwald!"  Lavender says.

"He was the one that killed Harry's parents and made your family go into hiding."  Hermione adds on.  You look at them with a curious look.  You roll your eyes and they shake their heads.  They begin to eat, but you look around one last time before you start, looking for Harry and Ron.  When you see that they aren't there, you start to dig in yourself. 

Hey everyone, I know that this is a day late, but my computer kinda died on me and I had to charge it over night.  My phone wouldn't stinking load this, so I had to wait.  I hope that everyone is staying healthy and happy!  Hope you enjoyed it!