Chapter Fifteen: Harry's First Game

A good week of learning and a Gryffindor v. Slytherin quidditch game is happening!  By now you have become great friends with Harry and Ron and your argument has been forgotten.  You wake up with a smile on your face and decide on a gold and red jumper with some jeans.  You run down the stairs saying, "Have I missed it?!" but Harry, Hermione, and Ron are sitting in the common room waiting for you.

"No," Hermione says, "I was about to go wake you up."

"Oh good." you sigh in relief, "I wouldn't want to miss Harry's big day!!" Harry gulps at this.
"Oh, don't worry, you'll be brilliant." Ron says, still slightly jealous.

"Thanks, but don't be offended that I'm still nervous." Harry replies.  You give a slight chuckle and say, "Shall we?" and point to the portrait hole.

"Sure, let's go." Harry says and you all walk out into the corridor.  Walking into the Great Hall brings you much joy, as always, but you have a bit of nerves.  You are nervous for Harry and what might happen in the game.  It would suck if Gryffindor lost to Slytherin (I hated typing that).  You know that Draco would rub it in your face for a long time afterwards, but you promised to leave it until the next week.  You sit down at your table and everyone grabs something, except Harry.

"Harry, you have to eat something." Hermione says.

"I'm to nervous I'll throw it up." He mumbles.  You grab a piece of toast and as he is opening his mouth to disagree, you shove it into his mouth.

"There." You say, smirking.

...

Oliver Wood had come up to take Harry down to the pitch, so you wait around until you see a rush of students pass the Great Hall.

Walking down to the quidditch pitch is a lot more fun than usual since the lot of you are Gryffindor.

"I hope Harry doesn't get hurt." You say to yourself. 

"We all do, don't worry (y/n)." Ron says after you.  The two of you glance at eachother and then back at the pitch. 

You walk into the stands and find a generally good spot where you meet up with Dean, Hagrid and Neville.  Hagrid himself takes up at least three seats, so the five of you sit it the row in front of him. 

"These are some pretty good conditions fer Harry's firs' game don'tcha think?"  Hagrid asks Hermione.

"Yes" She replies, "I've been doing some research every since he joined the team and sunny and not to breezy is perfect playing conditions!"

Then the Slytherin team came out and everyone, including you, starts booing on this side of the pitch.

Then the Gryffindor team walks out, and the crowd roars with excitement, drowning the boos from Slytherin. 

As soon as they take the field, they're off!  Flying makes you feel extremely happy, and so does watching it.  You take your eyes off of Harry for a bit because you know that he won't be doing anything for long.  That's when you see a foul.  One of the Slytherin chasers, Flint, has tried to knock Angelina off her broom. 

"RED CARD!!!" You hear Dean shout from two seats over. 

"What's a red card?" Ron asks.

"It's when he doesn't get to play anymore because of a foul.". Dean states as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Don't worry, Ron, it's just something from football." You say, know that he would still be confused.

"Oh.  Yeah those don't exist in quidditch.". Ron says to Dean and you.

"Well, they should." You hear Dean mumble under his breath.  As this confusion was happening, Angelina had taken the penalty throw and the game had resumed. 

Shortly after this, Harry's broom starts doing something odd. 

"I don't know what Harry thinks he's doin' but it sure ain't gonna do anythin'." Hagrid says beneath his breath.  You look up and see that Harry's broom isn't working correctly.

"It looks like it's cursed!" Hermione says with a squeak.

"There's no way it's cursed, someone would have to use a lot of dark magic to posses a broom stick and none of the Slytherins can do that yet." Hagrid states.

"Then it has to be one of the teachers." You say.  As you say this, though, Harry has started dangling off of his broom and Neville has put his head in his cloaks.

"Look," Hermione says, "Snape is staring right at him and hip lips are moving!"

Everyone looks up and she's right.  Snape is staring at Harry and it looks like he is mumbling under his breath.

"None of the teachers would ever-" Hagrid starts to say to Hermione, but it's too late.  She had already run away, to where we don't know.  When she comes back, Harry had regained his balance and was in a dive towards the field. 

"It's alright Neville, you can take your head out now.  He looks like he's seen the snitch!" Hagrid shouts because the crowd had started cheering.

He had indeed seen the snitch and was flying so low above the pitch that he had stood up on the broom.  He flies forward and lands on his bottom in the grass.  Everyone is super confused.

"He looks like he's gonna be sick!" Hagrid shouts.  He's right and Harry is heaving on the field, he finally gets what he thinks is messing with his stomach out.  It's the snitch and Madame Hooch calls the game.

"Gryffindor wins!"

All of the Gryffindors rush onto the field cheering so loud that you can't hear yourself think.  Harry is pulled onto the shoulders of the Weasley twins and everyone is crowding around him.  He gets let down and comes and hugs you, Ron, and Hermione.  He gets hoisted back onto the twins' shoulders and he was carried up to the castle. 

You catch Draco's eyes as you walk out and you smirk, he rolls his eyes because he knows what is to come the following week. 

Walking back up to the castle, you can still almost hear Flint's objections to the end of the game stating, "He didn't technically catch the snitch!!!"

_______________________________________

Hellooooooo, today I had to distract myself from what's happening later so I decided to sit down and write this chapter, you're welcome.  But like also y'all know that you probably won't get another one for a while, but I promise to try lol.

Love, Mags