Chapter Seven: The Common Room

After dinner, you trail around with Hermione to the common room.  You keep looking back at Harry and blushing.  Hermione notices and says, "Do you like him?!"

"Maybe..." You reply.  You decided that you want to have a truthful relationship with her and never to abandon her under any circumstances. 

"Well, he is rather dashing, but there won't be any time to goggle at him once classes start.  I wouldn't want you to become distracted by him."  Hermione says.  You realize that it was a rather bossy thing to say, but she was right, you need to get good grades.  If you don't, you think, your parents would be disapointed. 

"Fine," You say "but you have to keep me away from him."

"Deal."  She says as we shake hands.  You realize that you shouldn't be thinking about much right now, other than the fact that the groud is moving and you need to hold on for dear life.

"WHAT IS HAPPENING?!" You whisper yell so only Hermione can hear you.

"Y/N, it is just a moving staircase, you silly goose.  Come on, if we don't go now, we'll get lost."  she grabs your hand and all thoughts of the boy with the emerald eyes fade away.  You climb some more stairs until you get to a portrait of a fat lady drinking wine.  She asks, "Password?" 

"Caput Draconis" says the Prefect that was leading the way and has red hair.  Must be a Weasley, you think, how many of them are there?  You climb through the portrait hole and look at everything that is in front of you.  There is a huge open space with tables to study at and fireplaces and couches to cuddle up on.  There are two stair cases, one leading up to the boys dormitory and the other to the girls. Everything was red and gold.  You couldn't believe anything that you were seeing, so you just say to Hermione, "Do you want to go to bed, I am stuffed and very tired.  Last night I barley got any sleep from excitement!"

"Sure." says Hermione.  You link arms and walk up the stairs that lead to the girls dorms.  You look at the first door and it says 'First Years'.  You look at Hermione and the two of you push it open together.  Before you can even walk in, however, someone jumps on top of you.

Hello everyone!!!  I finally decided to write something today and I am proud of myself.  I am sorry that I have not been updating like at all, but school this semester is just so tiring, but now that there is something called Coronacation, maybe I will get something done!  Today I had to write on my computer, so if you saw any spelling mistakes I am very sorry about that.  I hope that y'all are staying happy and healthy!