Chapter Five: The Hogwarts Express

On your way to King's Cross Station, you notice Clairity is look out the window with sad eyes.

"Clair," you say her nickname for her and she looks at you, "what's wrong?"

"You're leaving soon, (y/n), and I'll be left all alone for a full year." She replies with a pout. You smirk at this and ruffle her hair. The rest of the way to the station, she is in the same pout. You start to levitate out of your seat a little and you notice Clair is now staring at you.

"Mum, I think that Clair is showing signs of magic." You say in a curious tone. Your mum looks back from the front seat and rolls her eyes.

"Clairity, please blink or break eye contact." At these words from your mother, Clair blinks and you drop back into your seat. She smiles a satisfied smile and you say, "You did that on purpose!"

"I'm not gonna deny it." She says to you as you give her a high five.

- - -

When you arrive at the station your dad puts your trunk and owl on a trolly. You look at the platform number on your ticket and think, 'Platform 9 3/4, that's not really a thing.' As your family walks to the platforms 9 and 10, you decide to share you doubts by saying, "Where is Platform 9 3/4?" with a puzzled look on your face.

"Between Platform 9 and 10." Your father says with a smirk on his face. "I'll go with you first and your mother can go through with Clairity." He places a hand on the small of your back and the other on your trolly and you run through the barrier. You rush into a sheet of smoke and cough. You look behind you to see Clair and your mum come through only seconds after you.

You walk through the smoke and see a scarlett red train with the words 'The Hogwarts Express'. Seeing this you gasp and turn around and hug your dad, not wanting to leave them for a year.

"Dad," you say with a sniff, "what house were you in?"

"I was a Gryffindor." He replies, "Your mother was a Ravenclaw."

You look to your mother and she rolls her eyes, then nods. You hug them all goodbye and tell Clairity that you would write her every day. You wave a goodbye and get on the train, starting a new chapter in your life.

- - -

As you walk through the carriage, you notice one compartment with one girl in it. You slide open the door and she snaps a book closed.

"Are you here to make fun of me too?" the girl says with her nose up high.

"N-no, I am just looking for a place to sit and you were all alone." You say to her with concern in your eyes.

"Oh," she says, "well then, I guess you can sit down." You sit down from across from her.

"So," you say, "what's your name?"

"Hermione, Hermione Granger." the girl says.

"I'm (y/n), (y/n) (l/n)." You say, "So, what are you reading?"

"Hogwarts: A History." Hermione responds as she opens up her book. All of a sudden the compartment door slid open and a boy asks, "Have you seen a toad anywhere?"

"No, we haven't." says Hermione before I can say anything.

"But we can help you look for it!" You say as Hermione nods along.

"Great!" Says the boy, "By the way, my name is Neville Longbottom."

"I'm (y/n) (l/n)." You say.

"And I'm Hermione Granger." Hermione says finishing your sentence. You share a glance and a grin and you two can tell you're going to be best friends.

As you walk through the carriages looking for Trevor, you come up to a compartment with 4 people in it. You knock on the door and a familiar voice answers, "Open." You walk into the compartment and see Draco Malfoy, of all the people.

"Hi, Draco, I was wondering if you have seen a toad around here?"

"No, we haven't, but I have seen someone who was looking for the same toad. That little mudblood Granger." He says with a smirk and the other people in the compartment give him high fives. You look at him with hurt eyes and his smirk fades.

"I thought that we could be friends, but now that you have called Hermione a mudblood, whatever it means, I don't trust you anymore." You shoot at him with a glare and before he can say anything else, you slam the compartment door and walk away to find Hermione.

As you walk past the compartments, you run into two boys with bright red hair. They both look at you with wide eyes and pull you into the closest empty compartment. You look at them with confused eyes and say, "What are you doing?!"

"You're (y/n)" the first one says.

"(L/n)!" Says the second one.

"Uhhhh, how do you know who I am?" You say.  Neither answer and just keep staring at you with a bewildered look on their face.

"We thought you had left for America when you-know-who was around." The twins say at the same time.

"Our names are Gred and Forge." The first one says.

"Those are interesting names," You say with a look of suspicion, "well, nice talking to you two, but I have someone to look for."

You left them in their compartment and walk the way you were going.

-                            -                              -

When you finally find Hermione, she is sitting in a compartment with two boys with a lot of sweets.  One of them had the same bright red hair as the twins and the other had... Oh no!  You blush as you open the door to the compartment.

"(Y/n)!" Hermione says, "I was wondering when I would find you."

You smile sheepishly and the boy with emerald eyes blushes.

"Hi, I'm (y/n)-" you start to say, but a boy with familiar red hair finishes by saying, "(l/n)." With a surprised look on his face.

"Dang, two celebrities in one day." He murmurs to himself, then to you, "Ron Weasley."

"Harry Potter." The boy with from your neighborhood says.

You shake both of their hands and ask Ron, "You wouldn't happen to have twin brothers , would you?"

"You're talking about Fred and George." He says to you with a chuckle.

"I knew that their names weren't Gred and Forge!" You tell him.

"Yah, they tell first years that every year."

"So, how do you guys know my name already?" You ask Ron with a puzzled look.

"You're just one of THE most famous witches of all time, next to Harry, of course." He says with a grin and an elbow to Harry's side.  Harry looks down at his hands and blushes.  You can't tell if it is from embarrassment or the attention.  You look at your watch and nudge Hermione and whisper to her, "We need to get going, I still need to change into my robes.".

She nods and says to the boys, "Well, we must be going then.  You two should probably change into your robes, we should be arriving soon." With those words you and Hermione walk to your carriage.

Sorry for not posting the sorting with this, but instead I gave y'all a long chapter.  Well, long for me.  I promise to put it in soon though. Bye for now!