Chapter 1

You walk in through the wooden doors of the quaint coffee shop, One For All Café, and are instantly met with the pleasant and comforting smell of coffee grounds and baked pastries. You smile to yourself, adjust your blue-light glasses, and step in line.

It's a cute place, a few tables with either two or four chairs surrounding it, and adjacent to that resides a few couches and sofas that look almost too comfortable. Against the floor to ceiling glass wall is accompanied by a ledge with several barstools to match.

The decorations are the embodiment of pleasantness. Natural green plants rest on each table, and in one corner, a plant with long vines crawl up the wall to practically touching the ceiling. The other walls are decorated with old pictures of the classic superhero TV shows that were popular when you were a kid. Top heroes like Endeavor, Best Jeanist, Hawks, Edgeshot, Mirko, and of course All-Might decorate most of the remaining two walls. It's nice to see a themed café, making this another reason to come back. This atmosphere is the perfect place to write a paper, and you decide that this might be your new study spot. The bustling workers and the sounds of the machines and other customers chatting really gets the creative juices flowing.

It's almost 6 in the evening, and having coffee now may be a problem when trying to go to bed, but hitting these deadlines is more important than sleep at the moment. The first month of classes has flown by, and the course material is starting to ramp up and get more rigorous. Even though it's only your second year, the classes you are taking are all dedicated to your major, which is nice. Still, it limits the opportunity to take fun blow-off classes. You took a quick nap before coming here, so you hope that it'll be enough to get some homework done. The café won't close for another three hours, so you figured that's plenty of time to crank out some work.

You look at the menu and try to find something you like, but as you slowly move closer to the register, it seems you're out of luck. You reach the register and continue to stare up at the menu, feeling very lost looking at all the options that sound so different from what you usually would get.

"Having trouble choosing?" A soft voice says. You make eye contact with the worker and offer a shy, apprehensive smile.

"Yeah," you draw out. "This is my first time here, and it also doesn't help that I'm naturally super indecisive."

"No worries! Well, Welcome!" He says with a beaming smile, "The menu can totally be a little overwhelming. Is there anything that looks particularly interesting? I can tell you what we put in it?"

His bubbly nature is overflowing, and you feel your mood, not that it wasn't already a good one, exponentially increase. You look down at his name tag, which reads Midoriya accompanied with a small Plus Ultra! sticker. His hair is a fluffy mess of green, and freckles dot his cheeks like confetti. Even though his freckles are striking on his face, his eyes stand out the most; they're a beautiful green color.

"Hmm, I don't know..." You start. "How about you just surprise me?"

You're the only one left in line, so it's not like you're holding anyone else up. He grins again, hopefully at the prospect of deciding whatever he wants. He turns his head to also look at the menu and then back to you again. He leans forward across the counter a little bit, studying your features. He gives you a once-over, observing the bag you're carrying to the way you styled your hair. You grow a little conscious under his gaze, but it's not like he's scrutinizing you or anything. He mumbles under his breath, really getting into this. He could've chosen the easiest drink to make, and it wouldn't have mattered much to you, but it was oddly sweet of him to go out of his way to try to find something that you would like.

"Okay, I got it. What size would you like?" He smiles, looking down at the register screen, tapping away.

"A medium is good."