Chapter 8

The party was set to start at 8, so Izuku planned to pick you up at 7:05 so you both would give plenty of time to get to the venue, which was a good 40 minutes away. So you started getting ready at around 5:45, doing all the usual things to get ready for a big event. It was actually exciting, this reminded you of a high school dance.

You just finished putting away your makeup and unplugging your curling iron when you hear a knock at your door. You take a final look in the mirror and smile. You really cleaned up nice. The dress looks even better now that your entire outfit is complete with hair and makeup. You exhale, trying to calm your excited nerves, and then as gracefully as you can, walk to the door.

You weren't prepared when you opened the door. Izuku stood adorned in a classic black tuxedo just like he said he would. He looks like someone outside of a magazine, all clean and pretty. The jacket fits well on his arms and chest. His hair is pushed back and combed, which is a complete 180 from his usual curly mop. You bite your lip. He really cleans up nice too. His tie is a little messy, so you take a step forward and take the liberty of fixing it.

Izuku's breath was practically knocked out of his lungs, looking at you for the first time. He didn't know what to expect, but he knew that whatever you decided to wear, you would look stunning. But his expectations were beyond exceeded seeing you in the green floor-length dress. He didn't know what to say as you took a step closer. He watches you bring your hands up to fix the tie he was trying to get right for 20 minutes.

You finish your task and then look up at him through your lashes, a soft smile falls onto your lips, and Izuku is completely enamored. "Hi," you say, bringing your hands from the tie to rest on his chest. "You look really handsome."

"Hi," he whispers, surprised that he was even able to respond. "Uh thank you, thank you. I-" he runs his eyes across your face again, completely losing his train of thought.

You quirk an eyebrow and slowly move your hands up from his chest to wrap around his shoulders to rest comfortably around his neck. His brain is in overdrive, and when he hears you giggle, he shakes his head to get his basic cognitive function back and laughs to himself. Izuku, now feeling more forward than at the beginning of the relationship, brings his hands from his sides to pull you closer by your waist.

"You look absolutely beautiful," he smiles, pride overwhelming his stomach at the thought of you being his date, his girlfriend.

You bite your lip, "Thank you! Look at the back!" You lower your hands from around his neck and wiggle in his grasp to turn and show him the backless opening as well as the pretty horizontal ruching that flows into the miniature train.

His eyes travel up and down your figure, and he practically feels steam coming out of his ears at how hard his brain is trying to work. "W-wow," he says, "I really like it."

You turn back around with a grin as you see his flustered face. His hands rest on your hips again, seeming to be a go-to hold for him. You put your hands around his neck again, effectively putting your face close to his.

"Ready to go?" You ask. Izuku moves a hand from your waist to rest on your face, thumb swiping over your cheek softly. You instinctively lick your lips, and his eyes travel down to them. He leans in, and you both meet in a soft and sweet kiss.

He pulls away with a smile, "now I'm ready."

You snort but lock hands as he helps you down the stairs and into the car. The drive was a good one, filled with both of you singing and laughing. You're falling hard for Izuku, and at first, that seemed scary. To get so close to someone again and be unsure of how a new relationship would go, but with Izuku, you've never felt more secure. Everything is alright when you're around him, and you know you're hoping to fall deeper.