Chapter 7

Staying true to his word, Izuku called you when he was about 30 minutes from campus, so it gave you some time to change into casual clothes and put on some light makeup. As you were relaxing on the couch, he sent you a text saying he was there and you met him downstairs, and you were on your way. You both knew what would come out of this date, so setting your excited nerves aside, you had him catch you up on his fun few hours back at home.

He said his mom was doing well, and when he got there, Bakugou's parents were also there, so he was able to catch up with all three of them, which he said was a nice treat. Of course, he noted Bakugou's mother, Mitsuki, was practically bombarding him with questions since apparently "Katsuki doesn't call home enough." But he said it was still good to be back home. He went out to breakfast with his mom and then helped around the house by doing some chores.

"I'm glad you had a good time, your mom sounds like a really kind person."

"She is, she said she would love to meet you sometime."

Izuku realized what came out of his mouth as soon as he said it and tried to quickly move on.

"You told your mom about me?" You smile, so happy to see the rose color on his cheeks again.

"Well, I mean... she was asking me about school and friends and whatnot... you know how moms are. She knew I was hiding something so it kinda slipped out," he bashfully confesses.

This was true. Of course, Izuku is not the best at keeping things under wraps, but he was also so excited to share with his mom the pictures of you two from the football game.

You laugh, throwing your head back against the seat of his car. "I completely understand," you respond, knowing all too well how mothers seem to have a sixth sense. Your mother was one of the first to pick up on the toxicity of your and Tomura's relationship. She wasn't a big fan of him, to begin with, at least when you started dating since she clearly saw how far he was on the wrong path, but she trusted you and saw how happy you were to be dating, so she allowed it. Every time she would ask you how it was going, you would reply the same way, not wanting to get them involved because, at the time, you thought you could still help him. It wasn't until your freshman year of college when she stumbled upon you and Tomura. He was screaming at you, practically crying at the prospect of you 'abandoning' him. She wasn't going to jump in, but as soon as she saw Tomura lay a hand on you, that protective maternal instinct kicked in, and she aided in getting a restraining order instated.

"I would love to meet her too."

Izuku smiles, glad that you hopefully weren't weirded out with him now. He pulls into the cracked parking lot, and your final destination is a roller rink.

"A roller rink!" You exclaim. "I haven't been to one since I was a kid."

Izuku smiles and holds the car door open for you. "They just remodeled so I've been wanting to check it out."

You both walk in, Izuku pays, and you go get your skates. As you tie your shoelaces, you look around the rink. The wooden circle is in the center of the large warehouse, with the shoe counter in the back right corner. The food court is on the left side, and a wall of arcade games is on the opposite side of where you are. Neon signs that hang around the food court and the outside wall of the rink really add an aged look to the place. In the food court, they had dark wood tables accompanied by the same style of chairs. The incorporation also added a modern aspect to the old pastime, bringing in a new age range. It was obvious to know they remodeled by just the smell alone. The scent of wood and paint mixed along with the smell of popcorn and pizza fill the air. It's nostalgic, reminding you of when your parents would take you and your brother when you were younger.