Chapter 4

The following day you spend your time sleeping in (which was a major blessing) to then sit down at your apartment's cute coffee table to do some work. You were able to complete a paper that you were working on, and once you were done with that, you went over to your couch to continue to read the book you were assigned for class.

The night before, Ochaco called you as soon as she read your message, and for the next 30 minutes, she talked you through what to do. You told her really early on, a little after the party at Kaminari's, that you had a slight crush on Izuku.

She, of course, made fun of you because "slight" was an understatement, but regardless, she was very excited for you. She already said that she's 95% sure that he likes you too, but you don't want to rush into things too soon.

She helped you pick out a simple outfit that consisted of black ripped jeans that accentuated your figure and a red tank top that was cropped a little at the bottom. It fit a little tighter to your chest, but it was comfortable, and when you sent Ochaco a picture of the fit, she showered you with endless praise. This outfit isn't as bold as the last time you went out, but Ochaco insisted that this was a good choice since only a few people were going to the party. She said dressing more comfortable is the way to go.

After putzing around for the next few hours, it was now 7, and you decided it was time to get ready. As the hours passed throughout the day, you were growing antsier, the excitement for the night festering in your stomach like a volcano ready to explode.

As you run a quick spritz of perfume around your body, you get a text that practically makes you jump out of your skin since you know who it is. You grab your phone and apartment keys before closing and locking the door. You nearly trip down the stairs as you spot his car. You take a deep breath, and when he notices you coming his way, he unbuckles and meets you halfway.

He offers you a bright grin and a wave. "Hey Y/N!"

You squint and hold up your arms, making finger guns out of your hands, "Don't come any closer."

Izuku instantly puts his hands up in surrender, eyes wide. "Woah Woah, take it easy!"

You exhale sharply through your nose, "That's what they all say."

"Huh? I- I uh what?..."

You take a step closer, your finger guns a few inches from his face.

"Hey hey hey now, how about a truce! A TRUCE!"

You bite your lip, trying your best to keep this charade up, but his surprised face is making this way too good.

"A truce?" You question, lowering your hands a little bit.

He sees you trying to hide your smile and keeps going, also trying his best to keep this little show going.

"Yes! Instead of- of being enemies, we can be a team, right? Strength in numbers? Ya know? Because I've seen how this goes, this mentality will destroy you. Trying to be number one, the best? It will be the thing that kills you in the end."

"You talk too much." You laugh, letting this fake persona slip a little. You hold your fingers guns back up again and smile. "Guess this is the end of the line for you."

Izuku sighs and hands his head. "Alright, but make it quick."

He hears you giggle, and the next thing Izuku knows, he feels you flick his forehead. "Bang."

His hand flies up to his forehead, unconsciously pushing back his green bangs. "Ouch."

You laugh, covering your mouth to try to muffle some of the sounds as you watch his face scrunch up.