Chapter 9

The first thing Izuku feels when he wakes up is panic. After he fluttered his eyelashes open to realize he was in a different bedroom, shirtless, and with you cuddled up to his side, he mistakenly put two-and-two together. In fact, he was so freaked out he fell out of bed.

You awake suddenly, hearing a loud thump followed by a sleepy groan. You lift your head up to see Izuku on the floor, hand rubbing his head. "Are you okay?"

He looks up at you, eyes wide, and leans forward, elbows on the mattress. "Did we... do it?" He whispers yells, worry swirling in his eyes.

"What, sex?" You quirk. You watch as his face turns a bright red, his eyes scanning your face. "No, we didn't," You giggle, finding it funny he would jump to such a conclusion.

Izuku's tense posture practically deflates, and he exhales. His nervousness about potentially having sex makes you bite your lip to hide your smile. He sits back up on the bed, sees the water and pain killers on the nightstand, and lunges for it. Quickly taking the pill and downing the water. With another groan, he rests his head in his hands. "What happened last night?"

"You don't remember any of it?" You question, surprised.

"I remember most everything... and then we got into the car, right?" He asks. "But I think that's all."

You giggle to yourself, and the noise makes him look up at you again. "Well after you got drunk with Denki, we left, and I drove us here. I helped you change into pajamas and then-"

"You helped me change?" Izuku practically squeaks.

"Yeah," you say like it was a normal everyday thing. "Once I left to get pillows for you, you threw up all over your shirt, so that's why you're not wearing one now. Then after you puked for like 20 minutes, I moved you in here since the couch was gross. And then you asked me to cuddle and that's about it." You finish summarizing and look over at his still red face.

"Oh gosh," he mumbles. "I am so sorry."

You giggle again and put a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry about it. How are you feeling right now?"

"Not good," he complains, running a hand through his messy green hair. "My head hurts."

"Would you like me to make you some breakfast? Eggs, toast... or something?"

He shakes his head, "I don't think I could stomach food right now."

"How about some coffee?" You ask, fingers now rubbing up and down his arm absentmindedly.

He shivers at the soft touch, "yeah that would be nice."

You stand up off the bed and pull his arm, so he stands up with you. After you help him up, you hold his sleepy face in both of your hands and give him a quick kiss. You pull away, and his eyes are closed.

"Good morning," you smile, thumb stroking his cheek.

Izuku hums, "good morning."

He walks with you to your kitchen, and you start brewing the coffee by adding water and the coffee grounds to your coffee maker and letting it brew. As you're grabbing two coffee mugs, a pair of arms wrap around your waist. You're pulled back into a bare, muscular chest, their forehead rested on your shoulder. Your heart swells, but you continue to do your task, moving the coffee mugs next to the coffee pot, now waiting patiently for the water to boil and steep the coffee grounds.

You turn around in his grasp, your lower back now pressed against the counter. You wrap your hands around his neck, fingers running through the baby hairs on his nape. For the next several minutes, you hold each other in a soft embrace.