Chapter 2

You're currently in the dining hall, picking through your pasta. It's now Friday, and you're in between classes. You successfully finished the papers that were due today, and you couldn't be happier. It'll be nice for the weekend to finally come around. Usually, you'd simply relax, maybe go for a nice walk or hike, but you don't feel like exercising right now, so it seems you won't leave campus this weekend. Not that you mind, Yuuei University has many great things to do, parties to go to and such. You guess trying to find someone you'd be comfortable partying with is the real issue. Most of your friends in your classes typically like to stay in rather than go out. While that is also how you function for the most part, letting loose and having a good time sounds like fun too.

As you take a sip of your lemonade, Ochaco sits down across from you with a massive grin on her face. She's majoring in teaching, so you happened to meet her in one of your classes since it correlates with your minor. That was the class you both just came from, so since the beginning of the semester, you've been sitting and eating lunch with her. She's great, super sweet, and honestly incredible. She's been a great friend to get to know.

"So Y/N," She starts. "A friend of mine, his name is Denki Kaminari, he's having a party at his place tonight, and I was wondering if you'd like to come with?"

"Yeah, sure, that sounds like fun." You agree, and both get back to eating and discussing the plans for the night. Ochaco is super pumped that you'll get to meet some of her friends, and it makes you excited too. Being able to branch out to people with other interests besides writing and such sounds really promising. After lunch, you finish up classes then take a well-deserved two-hour nap. Like Midoriya expertly analyzed, you did stay up late on Tuesday and did come back the next day... and the next. Even though you successfully made it through without falling asleep, you were damn exhausted from staring at a computer screen for so long. You ultimately decided to wake up early this morning to add the finishing touches to the last paper. Technically they're all due at midnight tonight. Still, thankfully, your past self thought ahead, and now you can go to the party without any worries.

Ochaco swung by your apartment at 8 to get ready. It seemed a little early in your defense, but she suggested you pre-gamed a little before heading over. She said, and I quote: "My friends are great, but all fascinating characters... you'll see, if they're not loud, they're stupid."

She slips into a hot, blush pink dress that hugs her figure very well, and she helps you choose a dark blue two-piece set. You were a little apprehensive about the whole thing since it felt a little out of your comfort zone, the dress was a little too tight, and you felt like your stomach was on full display, but Ochaco insisted, saying that you looked "absolutely stunning! Gorgeous, beautiful!" so you agreed.

After hanging around your apartment for a while, you both decided it was time to head over, so by 9:15, you hopped in her car and drove over to his place. On the drive, she told you that she would stay with you the whole time, to which you turned her down. You appreciate that she was concerned about the possibility that you wouldn't know anyone, but it wasn't like you couldn't handle being on your own. You've grown to be a different person after the incident, and you think it'll be okay. She still insisted that she would make sure you were all good and stuff if she walked away or something, which you're grateful for.

The drive was about 15 minutes since the apartment was located on the other side of campus. It was on the outskirts, of course, since only dorms are considered "on-campus," but a lot of students, after their first year, move to these apartments to have more independence (and host parties whenever they want without getting in trouble with the R.A.s).

You park a little down the road and walk with Ochaco up the stairs and in through the front door, which was wide open. As soon as you walked in, you feel the music's bass resonate in your stomach. As you enter, you see the large speakers next to the D.J. stand. A girl with cool-ass headphones stands behind the set-up, effectively keeping the energy high as people danced in the open space in front of the speakers. Ochaco grabs hold of your elbow as she makes her way through the room and into the kitchen. A group of people surrounds the kitchen counter, and they pass out shots, hooting and hollering when someone takes it.