Chapter 3

For the next two weeks since the party, you both have constantly been talking. Whether it's seeing each other at the cafe, texting, or calling, you've been keeping in touch one way or another.

You both happened to have some free time in between classes, so you guys decided to meet up for lunch this past Tuesday.

You walked into the dining hall, searching the tables for the familiar green-haired boy. You've been looking forward to this the whole day. After finally finalizing a time where you guys can meet, you were non-stop thinking about it. Izuku was thinking the same thing but was practically sweating through his shirt due to nerves. He had to keep reminding himself that it was just lunch and it's only for 45 minutes before he had to leave to go to his next class, but it was so hard to stay calm.

You spotted him when he waved you over to a high top off to the side. You set your backpack down on the ground and told him you'd be right back and went to grab some food.

When you came back a few minutes later, you both dove into a conversation about anything and everything. The conversation flowed so easily, it was like you both have known each other for way longer than two months.

"You seriously broke your arm while swimming?"Izuku says, trying to hold back his laughter. "How is that even possible?"

You groan, starting to wish you didn't tell him this. "It was so embarrassing. I tried doing a flip into the water, but I landed weird and broke it. My crush, at the time, saw it all happen."

Izuku puts his head in his hands, and genuine giggles escape his mouth. "Oh wow, that's... that's pretty bad."

You laugh with him, his giggles being contagious. "I know, I know," You say after catching your breath. "Have you broken any bones? Any crazy stories?"

He looks back up at you, moving a hand through soft-looking curls. "Oh yeah, let's just say the hospital bed and I were in a very serious relationship when I was younger."

"You're kidding."

"Nope. I was constantly breaking something. If you went back to look at my childhood photos, I don't think there was a single time when I didn't have some cast or brace on."

"Is that how you got those scars?" You question. He looks down at them, and his face suddenly drops. He moves his hand to almost shield them from your gaze. Beginning to panic thinking you hit a nerve, you start to apologize. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have pried."

"No, it's okay," he starts, dropping both hands underneath the table so they're out of view. "When we were in high school, Kachann and I were walking home from school, and on the way, we saw one of our neighbor's house caught on fire, and without even thinking, I ran in. It was the wrong place, wrong time sort of thing, I guess. I got them out, but when I tried to leave, the ceiling collapsed on me, messing up my arm pretty bad." He rubs his hand over the black brace that is half showing underneath his t-shirt. "These scars came from the surgery, they haven't faded since."

Holy shit. That sounds like something out of a movie.

"Was everyone okay?"

"Hmm? Oh yeah, the biggest injury one of them had was some lung problems from the smoke inhiation and minor burns," he looks off to the side, almost embarrassed. "Kachann was not happy with me. Said I could've gotten myself killed and all that."

"But you're a hero. That takes a lot of guts to run into something like that, especially if you're not trained for that sort of thing."

He chuckles a little, "yeah I guess."

"Does your arm still hurt? Is that why you have the brace?" Your curiosity is overflowing now, these questions have been harbored in the back of your mind for so long, and now they finally get to be answered. "But if I'm overstepping, then you don't need to answer."