i. family of five.

— ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ —

— ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ —

OAKLEY CLIFTON IS NOT A KOOK. Though she lives like one. Life out in the Outer Banks always forces you to put a tag on yourself before you even begin to understand where you're standing. Some are born into the Kook life, out in the wealthy suburbs, in big houses with luxurious views and even more luxurious owners. And others are jailed into the Pogue life— out living life in the comfort of the minimum, searching for existence's true beauty in the simplicity of the basic needs for human survival.

And some others, like Kiara Carrera and Oakley Clifton, are born into a mid-Kook, mid-Pogue family and have to pick a side to base the rest of their lives on. Coincidentally, the two girls have ended up picking the same path, and their names are known on the islands because of their. . . could be called stupid decision. But do they regret it? Not one bit. Would they leave the Pogue life?

Not even when death does them apart.

The Clifton family lives near the Carrera's, further away from the chaos of town, but close enough to hear the fresh news. Now, many respect the family of the girl, given the fact Arthur Clifton works as a praised lawyer and Beatrice Clifton is one of Outer Banks' most well-known painters— her fame even reaching the far lands of Europe and other places around America as a whole continent.

After the successful couple that make the two come the children, starting with the eldest, the twins, Stella and Rowan. Born in the lands of Poland in 2001, the twins came into the Outer Banks at the age of 3 already a famous duo. Not only because of their parents' fast and strong fame around the island but because of the casualty that were multiples in the small town where they lived. The kids were never a stressful buzz in the wind, but a relief upon their family's shoulders instead. They inherited the Pogue side regarding their style, but a certain Kook side when it came to their personalities, and it showed just by the way they always displayed the neatest manners and the most spoiled attitudes even until today. In Mommy and Daddy's eyes, the twins were ideal.

Right after Oakley came Jackson. Born in 2007, earning the title of the youngest of the family. The boy was welcomed into the Clifton household with nerves after the train wreck that had been his older sister, but it was a matter of time until the island found the angel that existed behind the blonde boy with big chocolate eyes. It's safe to say the entirety of Outer Banks has a soft spot for Jackson Clifton, the child as sweet as honey and as polite as an old man. Oakley wants to believe the boy's a Pogue by the way he dresses and looks up to her and the others, but she leaves it up to time whether her little brother will pick the right path or not.

Overall, the Clifton family remains a respected topic when spoken around town.

But when it comes to Oakley herself? Ah, the girl's the island's biggest troublemaker, and it, well. . . kind of breaks the family record.