Chapter XI: Liv'ing On The Edge

October 20 2020

A Few weeks had passed since the incident with Black Cat at the museum. Police are trying to identify the new vigilante as multiple news outlets are calling him a hero. Desmond was at the cafe waiting for Gionna as he was texting Otto until he heard Gionna shouting his name as he saw her.

 Desmond was at the cafe waiting for Gionna as he was texting Otto until he heard Gionna shouting his name as he saw her

Gionna: Hey Desmond.

Desmond:.........

Gionna: Hey, Are you okay?

Desmond didn't answer her as he continued staring at her until she snapped her fingers as Desmond looked at her as he felt embarrassed.

Desmond: Oh, I'm fine Gionna.

Gionna giggled as she poked Desmond's nose as she said something to him.

Gionna: Your such a cutie pie.

Desmond blushed as Gionna smiled at him and sat down. Both of them ordered ice coffee as they looked at each other.

Gionna: How are you doing?

Desmond: Fine.

Gionna noticed Desmond sounded different as she looked at him.

Gionna: Hey, Are you doing alright?

Desmond: I'm fine Gionna.

Gionna touched Desmond's hands as he looked at her eyes as she looked back at him.

Gionna: You know, You can talk to me. I don't like to see you sad.

Desmond: *Sighs* I'm just dealing with some financial issues.

Gionna's eyes were widen as Desmond continued talking.

Desmond: We're not making enough money and the projects haven't been successful lately.

Gionna's face had sadness written as Desmond looked at her and touched her hands.

Desmond: Dont worry, I'll be fine.

Gionna: Just Dont overthink about it. Your problems will be solved soon.

Desmond stayed quiet as Gionna continued speaking.

Gionna: Dont always look into the dark side, Always look at the light side. If there isn't any light in the Darkness. You must find it even if it doesnt shine bright.

Desmond kept staring at her as he was thinking about what Gionna just said to him as she continued speaking to him.

Gionna: We're all going through some tough times but we have to keep getting up and continued moving.

Desmond: Its just......I'm scared and-

Gionna: Desmond, Never trust your fears. They dont know your strength.

Desmond was silent as Gionna squeezed his hand as she continued speaking.

Gionna: Remember, Fear has two meanings. Forget everything and run away or Face Everything and Rise.