Chapter XIV: Rampage

October 31 2020

The Time was five fifty six p.m, Desmond was walking through the busy streets of New York as he was thinking about the incident in the bridge. He couldn't believe it, His best friend is the Leader of the Underground. He also couldn't believe that his best friend tried to kill those innocent people in the bridge.

Right now, Desmond was trying to look up more information about Nuform, Maria was really desperate in stealing it. Desmond looked at today's weather forecast as he fixed his jacket.

Desmond continued looking through his phone as he was fixing his beanie until he bumped into someone as the man's bodyguard began pushing Ketch

Bodyguard: Watch where your going.

Desmond: Sorry about that.

Unknown: Now Now, There's no need to attack the poor kid.

Desmond looked at the man as he saw who it was.

Bodyguard: Sorry about that Sir.

Unknown: Its no problem at all.

Desmond was looking at the man as he looked at him until he gave him a smile and lit up a cigarette and began smoking it.

Desmond: Sorry sir, I wasn't paying-

Unknown: Its alright Kid. People get stressed out and dont really pay attention to things.

Desmond and The Mysterious Man looked at each other before they saw a press conference hosted by Rio Morales as she was talking about the bridge incident.

Unknown: She's a good politician but she needs to stop making lies.

Desmond: So you've been listening to the Underground's threats right?

Unknown: That is true. Rio and Simon haven't addressed these allegations at all. Isn't it suspicious?

Desmond: It sure is but they are great people.

Unknown: Ahhh Great people and yet where was Roxxon when the bridge was under attack? Only That New Spider Man came to rescue those innocent souls. Without him, They could have died.