Chapter XXIX: Liv And Love

December 6 2020

It was Seven a.m and Desmond was sitting by the couch as he was feeling exhausted. He had a bruised lip, A Broken nose, A Black Eye and some scars on his arm and face. Rosie sat down with a first aid kit as she was healing up the wounds as they were silent. They haven't a spoken a word since They found out about his identity. Otto was holding the destroyed mask as he was looking at him.

Silence was heard in the living room as nobody spoke a word. There was tension in the air. Nobody spoke a word as Rosie finished cleaning up the wounds as Desmond sighed to himself. He looked at their faces and he couldn't tell if they were angry at him or worried.

Everyone was silent as the room continued to be filled with tension until Rosie spoke up as Desmond was listening to her.

Rosie: How can I not realise that? Your always coming home late and your behaviour is odd.

Otto: The University Incident, You weren't running away. You were fighting the lizard.

Desmond was silent as he sighed to himself as they continued talking to him.

Rosie: You lied to us. For two months You lied to us.

Otto: Kid. . . . Does Gionna and her friends know about your identity?

Desmond: No.

Otto: Oh my God. Now I know why Priscilla hates you. You took those pictures of the fight between you and the lizard.

Rosie: Wait what?

Desmond: He's right. Her boyfriend turned into a lizard and went on a rampage so I stopped him and took the pictures of the fight.

Otto: But Why?

Desmond: So I can get some money and pay the medical bills.

Rosie and Otto were shocked as Desmond was looking at them.

Desmond: *Looks at Rosie* I didn't want to lose you.

Rosie: Desmond. . . . .

Desmond: I didn't know what to do, I was scared and worried.

Otto: But Desmond, Why didn't you tell us?

Desmond: Because I'm worried that if you find out, You'll all be in danger.

Rosie and Otto were silent as Desmond looked down on himself.

Desmond: I made a lot of enemies and now this big man is doing everything he can to kill me and take over New York.

Rosie: Oh no.

Desmond: He's been targeting Rio Morales and her family including me.

Otto: My God.

Desmond: I'm sorry for lying to you both.

They were silent as Desmond looked down on himself as he continued talking.

Desmond: I became Spider Man so that nobody can go through the same pain I went through when I was five years old.

Otto: Your Family died in a car accident many years ago.

Desmond: A Drunk Truck Driver hit their car and this all happened on my birthday.

Rosie: I'm sorry dear.

Desmond: You two are all that I got left. If anything happens to you two then i will hate myself for that.

Otto and Rosie were sad hearing those words as Otto placed his hand on Desmond's shoulder as he continued talking.