Chapter XXXI: Survival Of The Fittest

December 11 2020

Desmond opened his eyes as he looked around and realised he was at the hospital as he got up from his bed and fixed his hair. Desmond passed out from his fight from Electro but what happened next shocked him. Rio Morales who was always regarded as a hero to New York and a saviour started the Raft Breakout. Desmond walked out of his room as he wanted to check on Gionna. He made it to her room as he was gonna open it until someone touched his shoulder as he turned around and saw Chris and Michelle looking at him.

Chris: Hey Desmond.

Desmond: Hey guys.

Michelle: We heard that you passed out. Are you alright?

Desmond: Yeah I'm alright.

Chris: That's great to hear man.

Desmond: Are you guys alright?

Michelle: We're fine, Don't worry about us too much.

Chris: Desmond, I want to apologise for everything Priscilla has said to you.

Desmond: Its okay man. I'm not mad at all.

Chris: I also want to apologise for taking that serum.

Desmond: Hey man, Its alright.

Chris: No it's not, I tried to hurt you guys, Because of my actions. I created a rift between you and Priscilla.

Desmond: Look You weren't in control of yourself, Its not your fault.

Chris: *Sighs* Those Memories never fade away. I still regret everything I have done.

Michelle: Look Chris, Whatever happened was in the past, Try to build a better future for yourself.

Desmond: And Remember We're always here for you.

Chris: Thanks guys and your right, I will be better.

Chris shook Michelle and Desmond's hands as he told them that he will check on the others. Desmond was gonna enter Gionna's room until Michelle said something.

Michelle: When she wakes up, You should tell her how you feel about her.

Desmond was gonna say something until Michelle stopped him.

Michelle: How long will you hide your true feelings about her? You love her, Even Gionna loves you. Don't hide it much longer.

Desmond: I know.

Michelle: Look Desmond, Gionna is your world and Gionna says your the light in her world. Try talking to her whenever she wakes up.

Desmond nodded as Michelle left as Ketch entered the room and saw Gionna asleep on the Hospital Bed as he looked at the heartbeat monitor. Desmond took a chair and sat down as he was holding Gionna's hand.

 Desmond took a chair and sat down as he was holding Gionna's hand