The Sea Gate (part 3)

Claire

"Welcome aboard the Dragon's Daughter, Three."

Adora scoffs, "What happened to Dragon's Daughters One and Two?"

"Tragically, they went down in flames." Saw Hawk put a hand over his heart.

"How did that happened?" I asked.

"I set them on fire." He acted like it wasn't a big deal. "Adventure!"

"Are we sure about this guy?" Adora asked.

"Ya, he does seem a little weird." I added.

"He just needs to get us there." Glimmer seemed as annoyed as us.

"You'll of course be expected to earn your keep by helping out around the ship. Never fear, I'll teach you everything you need to know in shanty form. Oh! What are you doing?" Sea Hawk noticed that Bow was already tying a not.

He went and kneeled besides Bow while we kept talking.

While we were talking Sea Hawk comes over. "Come on, Sparkle, we'll sing a shanty duet and I'll show you how to climb the ratlines. Oh!" Glimmer than teleports to the top of the ship.

"Wait, how did she——?"

"I unfurled the job." Adora said.

"By yourself? Not even a sailor as experienced as me could do that." Sea Hawk replied.

"Oh, so what you're saying is, I'm better at this than you are?"

"And the name is Glimmer." Glimmer teleports back to where we are.

"If it makes you feel better I am still sitting here." I patted his back and walked away. I zoned out until I heard singing.

"I'm Sea Hawk. I am, I am. If you're looking for adventure I am your man. If you want to ride on the waves of deepest blue. Through perilous winds. Then I got you. Some say I'm a hero. Some say I'm a man. What I know for sure is I'm Sea Hawk. I am, I am. Adventure." Sea Hawk sang. Hopefully we get there quick cause I don't want to here another word out of his mouth.

"Something's wrong." I hear Glimmer.

"What's wrong." I ask.

"According to the map, we're way off-course." She points to the map.

I follow Glimmer'a glance. I see Sea Hawk and Adora arm wrestling. I love Adora but sometimes she is completely immature. She throws her arms up as she has one three times out of five times.

Glimmer teleports to where they are, "No. No more arm wrestling. I spotted a ship graveyard in the distance and we're heading straight for it. Is anyone worried about this?" As Glimmer finishes her sentence we here a crash. "What was that." She ask, panic filling her face.

"Aha! We're here." There was another crash.

We get to the side of the boat and look over. There is this monster in the ocean.

"The Serpent of the Sea. I knew he'd be lurking in these waters." He was completely unfazed that there is this BIG MONSTER BENEATH US.

"Wait, you brought us here on purpose?" Glimmer fumed.

We go crashing down again. "See, I don't just provide transport. I give you a take to tell your friends."

I interrupt Sea Hawk, "These are our only friends!" I yell over the crashing water.

"We'll now you get a harrowing adventure to tell each other later." He replies.

The Sea monster comes roaring out of the water.

"For the Honor of Grayskull." I hear Adora shout. "Watch this!" She runs towards the monster. She hits the monster in the mouth and then goes beneath the water.

"Is that a normal thing she does?" Sea Hawk asks.

"Yeah." We all reply in union.

"It takes some getting used to." Bow says.

"Got it. Wait, no." Adora reappears from the water then going back under.

"Let me get this straight." Glimmer brings out her mom voice. "You steered us into a giant sea serpent so you could, what, show off?"

"That was the plan before your tall friend there stole my thunder!" He yells.

"We should have found another guy." I mumble.

"Unbelievable. We're trying to save Etheria and all you care about is wether or not we're impressed with you? I need this mission to go right, or my mom will never give me another!" She screams. She gets her composure back and continues, "Just get us to Salineas. You've wasted enough of our time."

Adora pops out of the water again, "Okay. Now I got it. We're all good."

"Adora, get in the boat!" Glimmer shouts.