The Sea Gate (part 5)

Claire

We were on this floating rock thing. We were looking at the gate. A Dora was to my left and Glimmer to my right.

"I really hope you know what you're doing" Mermista groans.

"Uh... Yeah, totally. I got this." Adora let out a nervous chuckle. She definitely had no idea how to do this. "For the Honor of Grayskull!" Adora shouts. She then turns into She-Ra.

"Wow. Okay. That's different." Mermista seemed shocked that she could do that. To be honest I am still shocked she can do that.

She points her sword to the gate. Blue stuff shoots out of the sword and touches the center of the gate.

"Is it working." Bow pops up beside She-Ra. That seemed to spook her because she moved her sword to stop shooting the blue this out.

"Don't distract me. This is a lot harder than it looks." Adora grunts. I move Bow back so he won't scare She-Ra like that.

Glimmer yawns, "This might take a while." She seemed to spot something. Because she teleported away.

We were all staring at She-Ra. I then turn my head and see a Horde boat. "Uh... Adora? It's the Horde."

"What?" I hear Glimmer yell.

This is not good. I don't think they recognized me from my back. But it wasn't going to take Catra long. Then a green blast hits the gate, which breaks the blue thing coming out of the sword. It seemed to zap Adora.

"They're coming right for the gate" Bow shouts.

"They're going to spot me!" I yell.

"I just need a little more time. Keep them busy." Then all of the sudden I cover me and Adora in vines. But there was a hole just big enough that she could have the blue thing come out of the sword.

"How did you do that?" Adora asked.

"I don't know but just hurry. I don't know how long I can hold this." Sweat was now coming down my forehead.

...

There was another blast and Adora got zapped again.

"You got it, Adora. Let's just finish this and get out of here." I cheer her on.

All of the sudden I close the vines to were I am just in a ball. I don't know if I shrank or something because I heard Catra's laugh, and she didn't seem to notice me.

"Wow. You know, the tiara actually gets stupider the more I look at it." I hear Catra say. I couldn't see her, but I had a feeling she was on Adora's sword.

"Catra, how did you find us?" Adora ask.

"What do you mean us?"

I could feel Adora looking around for me. "I mean me and my team." Thankfully she covered it up.

"Did you think it'd be that easy to escape the Horde? I mean, I always knew you were dumb, but come on. The only way to really escape us is if you die. Like Claire." I almost started laughing, but I knew if I did she would probably find me.

"What's your plan, insult me until I decide to rejoin the Horde?" She asked.

"I don't think Shadow Weaver is planning to give you much of a choice, but, yeah, something like that." She replied. I heard some fighting going on until Catra spoke again. "Check it out. Looks like with you gone, I got your promotion."

"Congratulations." 🎉🎈🎊🍾 There was sarcasm lacing her voice.

"Seems like only yesterday this was the thing you wanted most in the world."

"Actually the thing I wanted the most in the world was for Claire to be alive." I could tell there wasn't a single lie that she was telling.

"Well she is still dead." I felt my heart sink. There was no emotion. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and not have gone on that mission. Then this would have never have happened. "Come on, Adora, hasn't this all gone on long enough?"

"I told you before, Catra, I'm not going back." I then heard fighting. And I think Adora was losing.

"This is what you left me for? Dress-up games and a light show? And your new best friends are nowhere to be seen. When did you get so weak?" Catra seemed genuinely mad. I felt bad for her. I left her and then Adora left her. Catra was genuinely alone is this world.

Something happened because I heard a scream and a splash.

I then came out of my little shell.

"Hey, you disappeared on me." Adora joked. I felt my face go  red.

"Ya sorry about that. I couldn't really control that." I replied.

"Hey we still have the element of surprise in us still."

"Ya I guess we do."

Mermista and Bow appear in the rock thing.

Adora thanked them. I didn't really know what they did but I assume they helped.

"Yeah, whatever, don't mention it." Mermista blushed a little bit.

Adora then fixed the gate. It was really pretty. We all started cheering.

...

"What do you know? You actually fixed it." Mermista seemed kinda impressed.

"It's beautiful." Adora replied.

"I guess you're gonna need a new ship." Mermista turned to Sea Hawk. "I suppose you can have one of mine."

We turned and saw the ship. Sea Hawk started squealing. "She gorgeous."

"Don't set it on fire." Mermista replied.

"No promises." Sea Hawk put his hands on his hips. "But, Princess if I might ask for one more favor." He then went  down on one knee.

"You're always ruining it." Mermista groans.

"You should think about joining Glimmer's Princess Alliance. She is a brave and strong captain. With her at the helm, she is sure to lead the Rebellion to victory." I was stunned he actually said that. I think I stared at him for too long.

"Aw, Sea Hawk. You even got my name right." I laughed a little bit.

"Okay, I'm in." Mermista agreed.

"Really?" Glimmer asked.

"Yeah. The Horde almost destroyed my home. I wanna help fight them. Plus, your friend over there can turn into a 8-foot tall lady with a sword and I want her on my side. I also like Claire." I smiled a little bit at that. We all started cheering. 2 down a lot more to go. "Wow, okay, calm down."

"You won't regret this, I promise."