Light Hope (part 3)

Claire

"When the princesses and their elements are in balance, Etheria functions as it should. But the Horde is destroying us in their quest for power. There is no predicting what they will do next."

"This is all super good information, I'm, and I can't wait to hear more. Just one thing, though——"

"Is there something you do not understand? I can start again from the beginning if you would like." I was getting annoyed of this hologram. "I am Light Hope, Etheria's facilitator."

"No, no. I got it"

"Have I mentioned that you are chosen?"

"Look I am getting sick of you. We want to find out how to heal our friend. Also why AM I HERE." I yell. I was getting very very annoyed.

"Your friend?"

"Yes." I put my hands on my temples. "Shadow Weaver did something to Glimmer and took her powers away. Adora needs to figure out how to heal her."

"Her connection with her Runestone was disrupted."

"Can I fix it?" Adora asked.

"You will be able to do many incredible things with training."

"Great. So, uh, how long will this take?"

"Like a day or—" I was cut off by Light Hope.

"Years."

"Years?" We both yell.

"Glimmer doesn't have years. She's hurt because of me. I messed up. I got Glimmer and Bow captured, and Entrapta— It's my fault. I have to fix it." I hated that Adora blamed herself for this because I was the one at fault. I knew they were going to capture Glimmer and Bow. I knew what was happening to Glimmer and I didn't stop it.

"Yes. Your mission is to fix the planet."

"My mission is to help my friends. That's why I came here."

"You are She-ra. Your purpose is to protect all of Etheria. You cannot help only your friends."

"Why can't I do both?"

"Adora, you and Claire do not realize the power you have. You are both distracted by your attachments. There was one before you who could not let go. Her name was Mara." There was then an image showing Mara in She-Ra form. I felt like I knew that name but I just couldn't think of it.

"Mara? Madame Razz's Mara? What happened to her?"

"Mara was the last She-Ra before you. She struggled with a power that she could not control until it became too much for her mind."

"She snapped?" Adora said.

"She was compromised. She gave in to fear and faulty reasoning. Her desperate actions led to devastation. Mara stranded us in the empty dimension of Despandos. She broke the She-Ra line. She nearly destroyed us. Adora, I have waited her for a thousand years alone. I did not know if I would ever see another She-Ra. You both must stay here and train, learn to be the She-Ra that Mara could not be. And Claire you learn to use your powers to help She-Ra."

"I will. I will do whatever you want. I'll come back and train, and learn about everything. But I have to heal Glimmer first. I can save the planet and save her." There was then a hologram of Bow and Glimmer passed out, and one of Glimmer screaming while Shadow Weaver hurt her.

"Adora?" We both turned our heads and saw a hologram of Catra.

"I just need a little more time." Then a hologram of Entrapta.

"You feel guilt at these memories. As you said, your friends are endangered by your presence. It is better to let go now."

"But I can't just leave my friends."

"Wait will I have to leave them to?" I asked.

"Yes. You must help She-Ra train."

The place started to glitch. "The Horde is hurting us. Balance Etheria." Light Hope said with a weird voice.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"Light Hope? Light Hope, come back." Adora yells. "I don't know what to do."

"Adora? Claire?" All of the sudden a Horse appears.

"Our horse?"

"What do you mean our horse?"

"Long story." Adora replies.

"Once again, I'm no one's horse. I'm Swift Wind."

"You can talk?!" Adora and I yell.

"Yes, I can talk."

"You can talk." We both say again.

"I can see why you're friends with Bow and Glimmer. They need your help, which is why I'm here. So, which way's the exit?"

"I don't know. Light Hope disappeared and I— I don't know if I should go."

"What do you mean."

"Light Hope said if I leave here, I'll make things worse. She's right. Everyone will be better off if I just stay far away from them. It's for the greater good."

"Well, that's stupid."

"What? No, it's not."

"Yes it is." I reply.

"Adora, I've had the ability to form complex thought for like a week, and even I know you can't help by hiding. Where would all the horses I freed be if I just sat in a pasture and moped?"

Adora scoffs, "I'm not moping."Swift Wind blusters. "I'm not. I hurt people, I ruined my friends' lives. I mean look at Claire. That's what I did to her." Adora was referring to my looks. I honestly like my new hair and face. I remembered how Angella said we would talk about my new hair and face but never did.

"If that's true, then why are bow and Glimmer here trying to rescue you?" We turned around and Bow was shooting arrows trying the hold, what I presume is spiders, back. "Bow and Glimmer are risking their lives. Not because you're She-Ra, but because you're their friend. And they are also trying to rescue you to Claire." He turns around and looks at me. "What good is all your power  if you don't use it tot help the people that you love?"

"I'm not Mara. I'm not the She-Ras of the past. I didn't do this to fulfill some destiny. I became She-Ra to help others. My attachments, my friends are a part of who I am."

"So are you staying or going."

"I don't care if she is leaving, I'm out of here."

Adora looks at me and pulls out her sword. "Let's go."

"Woohoo!" I cheer.

A portal shows and and we walk through it.

I wake up already at home. "Where is everyone." I feel the tingly sensation again. "Ohhh, why can't I just stay here and sleep." Next thing I know I am back at that awful place.

"Claire, where did you go?" Adora asked.

"Accidentally teleported home and back here. Got to save your guys butts."

"Adora, Claire Spiders!" Bow screeches.

"For the honor of Grayskull."

Adora then takes out all the spiders. We all run and hug her. "Well I could have stayed home."

We all get on Swift Winds back and head out. It looked like a snow storm was happening. We fly above the clouds.

"Guys look." Bow shouts. There was red lightning.

"It's not just the woods, it's..."

"It's the entire world." Adora finishes Glimmer's sentence.

Glimmer gasps, "Bright Moon. Swift Wind, hurry."