five

CHAPTER FIVE:

" I'M SORRY, I CAN'T DO THIS. "

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE CULLEN household was full of tension everyone had gathered in the living room awaiting the arrival of the youngest in the Swan family

Alice's vision had been clear, Allegra would be attacked and saved by the pack just before Victoria could get her fangs in her.

Bella was hysterical but some felt it was more for herself than for her sister, she never really cared about Allegra's safety until now.

Their was a frantic knocking on the front door and Carlisle disappeared to answer it, soon, Allegra could be heard running upstairs.

"What have you done?" She yelled at her sister upon spotting Bella sitting on the couch next to Edward.

Bella was confused, "what do you mean?"

Allegra's eyes were red and puffy, her face red where tears had left streaks upon escaping her eyes.

"Who have you pissed off? Why did I pay the price?"

Jasper was on the edge of his seat, he could feel every ounce of anger, betrayal and sadness that the young girl was radiating.

It was almost too overwhelming for him to bare but he had to in order to help, "what happened?"

"I was visiting Sam Uley and I got attacked by a red headed woman!" A tear fell.

Bella subtly glanced over at Alice who shrugged, "what the hell is a newborn?" Allegra screamed.

Rosalie stands and places her hand on Allegra's shoulder gently pulling her to the couch for comfort, the blonde seemed to really get along with Allegra. She felt protective.

Carlisle sat in front of Allegra, "a newborn is the first and crucial change of a vampires life. When we are at out strongest."

Allegra starts laughing, "what are you? Crazy?"

Edward steps forward, "I can read minds, all minds except Bella's. Like right now, you're confused thinking about the wolves you seen in the woods."

"Jasper can manipulate and feel emotions, he's an empath."

He gestures to Alice, "she can see the future but only to an extent. She knew that you'd be attacked tonight."

Allegra stood from the couch and stormed over towards her older sister, "you knew and didn't try to stop it?" She pulled up her shirt and revealed the darkening bruise.

"Look what she did to me!"

The tears that were being suppressed fell at a quicker pace and when Bella reached for her she shrunk away, "I don't want to talk to any of you again!"

"I hate you," she finishes looking Bella in the eyes.

Jasper and Alice look down feeling saddened by her reaction although, nobody moves when she storms out.

<¤>

CHARLIE WAS concerned, his bubbly happy daughter had locked herself away not even leaving the room to watch the game with him.

It saddened him, he always looked forward to watching the game with his daughter - especially since his other one was always out with her boyfriend.

The bond they had formed over the years seemed to be weakening, she had been disappearing until past meal times like her big sister.

He hoped it wasn't with the Cullen's like Bella did.

"Honey, I made waffles." He called out.

Allegra wanted to reply but she couldn't find the energy to do it, everything felt weak.

She was drained emotionally, mentally and physically. Everytime she twisted her body, her ribs screamed at her to stop.

"It'll be on the counter," Charlie whispers.

A tear sheds from Allegra's eyes and she shoves her face in her pillow muffling the sounds of her sobs.

She could hear the cruiser leave the driveway only a couple minutes later.

And then, a knock on her door sounds.

"Al? It's me." The voice was familiar.

The bedroom door opened and Paul stepped inside followed by an unfamiliar face, "Al this is Embry."

Embry was cute, he has beautiful eyes.

His eyes were familiar, she had seen them somewhere.

They reminded her of a golden Labrador pup.

"Are you okay?" Embry questioned looking at her.

She shook her head, "I think my whole life just changed and I don't get the chance to change my fate, I feel like I'm in a horror movie."

Paul crawled onto her bed and pulled her into his arms, "it'll get better bubs."

What the two didn't notice was Embry, he stared at Allegra like she was his whole world. Everything he had been waiting for, his genes literally told him she was right.

A nagging feeling in the pit of his stomach, he needed her near him at all times.

It wrecked him to see her wrapped up in another man's arms but he'd never admit it to anyone - especially Paul.

That cocky bastard.

Allegra glances over Paul's shoulder, she glances at Embry through her thick eyelashes a smile playing on her lips.

It's funny how these boys just made her feel better.

The three simply lounge around for the rest of the day, the girl completely unaware that while they were to cheer her up.

They were her protection from the mess Bella made.

And it would tear her upside when she inevitably found out.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬