eight

CHAPTER EIGHT:
" I FEEL LOST WITHOUT YOU "

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE EXIT was blocked and Alice had cornered the 16 year old girl in the corner of the bathroom, she was so petite but intimidating

Allegra was terrified, "confess what? That you're a vampire?" She laughed nervously as Alice's expression remained stoic.

"It involves the vampire that attacked you in the woods," the words send unsettling, chills down her spine. A rush of memories she had wanted erased, never to be dreamt up or remembered ever again.

Alice raises her hands defensively, "there is so much that you need to know and just how far Victoria will go to get revenge on Bella, in Victoria's mind it's Bella's fault that her mate - James was murdered."

Allegra's eyes widen in shock and she backs herself up into the wall, "there's a man - we don't know who he is but he knows you! He has been inside your home that's why Edward has been at your house more to protect you from the threat."

Allegra has tears in her eyes and a choked back sob fights it way out of her throat, "I don't even know who you are anymore," she cries out.

The teenage girl barges past the vampire and rushes from the toilet, she picks up her pace and rushes from the high school people stare at her and her blubbering mess of tears.

Jasper and Alice stand by the exit watching as she sprints away from the school, "why didn't you keep her in there?" he grumbles increasingly growing frustrated - he wasn't used to talking to such a stubborn young girl like Allegra. 

Unfortunately, Jasper cares too much to scare her away. 

<¤>

HER LEGS were aching threatening to give out from underneath her if she walked any further, there was quiet a distance between forks high school and la push - almost a 30 minute walk only to come to a realisation that all her friends were currently in school where she should be. 

Allegra tucks her bottom lip under her teeth mumbling an aggressive, "fuck it" as she spins on her heel and trudges towards the high school - right now, she needed the comfort of her friends and she would go to any lengths to get it.

The high school is foreign, it feels as if the giant building is looming over her 5'7 self. 

She walks into the high school and immediately feels out of place in the crowded hallway, where was she going to find her friends?

Allegra musters up as much confidence as possible and approaches a girl gently tapping her on the shoulder blade, the girl turns almost instantly and Allegra is thrown off by her beauty taking a moment to process her.

"Can I help you?" The woman asked.

Finally, picking her jaw up off the ground she nods, "can you please point me towards the cafeteria?"

The other teenagers standing with the pretty girl eye the girl up and down pausing long enough to laugh at her baby blue sweater and light wash jeans - what else would she be wearing in the middle of the eternal winter that the town was always forced into?

"Are you new here?" although hesitant, Allegra nods.

The girl smiles only adding to her natural prettiness, "I'm Lola." She extends her hand.

"Allegra Swan," they shake hands not breaking their eye contact. 

Lola beckons for the girl to follow and says goodbye to her posse, "you are really going to like it here, apart from the occasional douchebag pretending to be better than everyone else. Everyone is decent." 

Allegra listens closely, "what are the classes like?"

"Unless you're taking AP classes they're pretty easy, especially, if you are dedicated to the studies and actually want to get somewhere." Lola side eyes a girl she obviously doesn't like directing the passive aggressive words towards the unknowing girls. 

Small chuckles emerge but gets stuck in the back of Allegra's throat, "where are you transferring from?"

"Forks," she replied.

They walk through a pair of large double doors and into the cafeteria, it doesn't take Allegra long to locate her friends as Paul's loud rowdy cheers are heard from the across the room, sounding full of triumph.

Allegra can't hide the smile that immediately pulls at her face when she sees the boys. 

In the middle of Lola's question, Allegra suddenly takes off walking straight through the crowded cafeteria.

Embry sees her first and climbs from his seat whisking her into his arms, she's rendered breathless and lowers her head onto he's shoulder, "what are you doing here, pretty girl?" he asked. 

"I really missed you," she admits quietly.

Yep, there it was. The undeniable fluttering of his heart as she nuzzles into his neck finding comfort in his arms, god, how he had been waiting to have her in his arms like this - he was so going to rub this in Paul's face when she leaves. 

Embry holds her tighter and whispers in her ear, "I missed you too."

Allegra blushes ferociously and after a moment, finally pulls away to face the two idiots that she considers family. 

Paul and Jared are too busy whispering something to each other to realise that their friends have finally left the comfort of each others arms. 

"oh! you have time for us now, Al?" Jared speaks sarcastically.  

"I hate you," she murmurs, "leave me alone."

The group pull her down on the table and Allegra finds herself quickly getting comfortable even with the strangers, they welcome her with kind words and slaps on the black.

Embry watches as Allegra talks to one of Paul's friends, a smile on her face.

god, she's beautiful. He thinks. 

There's no way he's letting her go now.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬