seven

CHAPTER SEVEN:
" I WILL NEVER LOOK AT YOU THE SAME AGAIN "

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

RETURNING TO school was the largest challenge Allegra Swan had faced by far, she couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching her

In the cafeteria, Alice waved enthusiastically and Allegra flinched walking to an empty table in the back of the room to avoid being near them.

It hurt Alice's feelings but she understood that Allegra needed space, time to process the bombshell that they dropped on her.

Allegra bit into an apple while staring out into space lost in a whirlwind of her own captivating thoughts, did vampires have any weaknesses?

Are they unstoppable?

She shook the thoughts away, people are born and they die it's the circle of life. They've cheated death now but their demise is inevitable.

"Hey Allegra," the sudden intrusion of her little ball of silence makes her squeal in surprise, she looks up blushing furiously from embarrassment.

She swallows her bite, "oh hey Mike."

He smiles cheesily and sits in the vacant chair beside her, "I was just uh wondering if you'd like to come see a movie with m-me tonight?"

Allegra almost chokes on her saliva, "me see a movie with you?"

He nods, tension lingers in the air.

She ponders for a moment staring down at her apple before nervously speaking, "I'd love to!"

Mike grins it stretches from ear to ear, "great I'll pick you up?"

Allegra shakes her head, "I'll meet you there. My dads a cop, remember?"

He nods and walks away hopping a little, Allegra suddenly feels sick, a pit growing in her stomach.

She didn't like him, maybe they're going as just friends.

A guy and a girl can be just friends, right?

She stood and grabbed her bag rushing from the cafeteria eye full of tears threatening to spill.

Jasper watches his hands resting around Alice's waist, he can't help but glare at Mike for making her feel these emotions.

Still, Allegra was tough.

He knows it.

<¤>

THE THEATER was almost completely empty, a few people here and there but not without fault.

A boring rom com played on the giant screen, before them, a man and woman argued in the rain - the typical cliche fight before the big kiss.