thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
" LEGENDS "

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ALLEGRA COULDN'T believe that she was actually anywhere then confined within the four walls of her claustrophobia inducing hospital room, she let the sun's warm rays reflect gently on her slightly browning skin as the police cruiser moved at a ste...

ALLEGRA COULDN'T believe that she was actually anywhere then confined within the four walls of her claustrophobia inducing hospital room, she let the sun's warm rays reflect gently on her slightly browning skin as the police cruiser moved at a steady pace through the small town of forks.

The right side of her face smushed up against the glass as she got lost in thought, the rumble of the cars engine rocking her back and forth between reality and her subconscious.

Charlie hadn't said a word since they got into the car, the silence was stifling, she feared that if she breathed a little too loudly then he'd break.

Allegra would never admit it but during her three week stay in the hospital when he thought she'd been sleeping, he would begin to cry, she guessed it was his way of trying to seem strong but the youngest of his two children would rather that he was transparent with emotions.

Allegra glanced over at her father analyzing the dark bags that lingered and the vibrant red veins in his eyes, the swollen eyes should've been a dead give away to anyone but who is gonna be confident enough to ask the chief of police Charlie Swan if he had been crying for the last 24hrs or for the past three weeks.

Allegra kept her gaze on the passing trees and reached out to hold her fathers hand squeezing it reassuringly, the guilt of the incident still prodding her in the chest like someone had been repeatedly stabbing her with a toothpick in the same place.

Charlie sighed under his breath caressing the back of her hand with the pad of he's thumb, no one spoke at all.

And yet, the silence said everything.

<¤>

ALLEGRA STRUGGLED to settle back into her bedroom after returning, the bruises that littered her body made it hard to be comfortable in any position including the normal position she used to take whilst trying to nurse herself to sleep with her earphones in.

Her veins burned with frustration as she finally gave in on trying to nap, she sat up slowly wincing at the pressure on her waist and chest.

"How are you feeling?" A voice spoke making her flinch, she glanced up immediately making eye contact with a shirtless Embry, the sight making her ears burn red with embarrassment.

The boy came and sit on the edge of the bed gently lowering onto his lap, she immediately melted into his side lowering her head onto he's shoulder. Allegra is surprised by her own actions and reaction, how the hell had he turned her into mush that quickly.