six

CHAPTER SIX:
" WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? "

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THERES THAT one defining moment in every young person's life that changes them for life, you won't always be able to tell immediately what is but like the butterfly effect - it comes into play eventually

Time was precious, every moment could be so fleeting that you barely get the moment to acknowledge how quickly time has actually passed.

A week after the great reveal, vampires existed. Allegra locked herself away, only opening the door to people like Paul and Embry.

Everytime Embry stepped into the room, her heart begun to beat a little faster and her cheeks turned redder than the most vibrant rose.

Her hand shook violently as she reached for the handle of her bedroom door, her mind screamed but she couldn't find the will to leave.

Small shallow parted breaths slipped past her full lips, she took a small step forward the floorboard under her creaking under her weight.

Allegra's hand gripped the doorknob and she turned it quickly ripping the door open.

Edward Cullen stood on the other side and she screamed in surprise stumbling backwards into her room.

She dragged her heel across the room making it get caught onto a rug, Allegra fell backwards hitting the carpeted floors roughly.

Scattering backwards, she pressed herself up against her bed.

He stepped forward, "you don't need to be afraid of me."

Allegra held up a hand, "s-stay back!" She stammered. "Don't come any closer!"

Edward froze, he didn't expect this reaction from Allegra, Bella had been so open minded about his immortality even if it came with the blood drinking habits.

Alas, Allegra was only 16 still a child barely a teenager.

"I don't feel comfortable when you're around, please leave!" She exclaimed, her mouth suddenly feeling dry beginning to work up a cold sweat.

Edward took a step backwards not sensing his human girlfriend to suddenly appear.

"Grow up," she scolded Allegra.

"Bella," Edward started only to shushed by a hand being waved aggressively in his face.

"He won't hurt you, none of them will."

A low growl echoes through the room and Embry enters the bedroom, "is there a problem here?"

Allegra looked up at Embry practically begging for him to save her with her eyes, he quickly knelt beside her.

"I think you should get out," the teenage boy threatened the vampire.

Bella scoffed, "you can't kick him out. He's my boyfriend and this is my ho-"

"Bella!" Allegra exclaimed staring at her sister with tears in her eyes, "please get him out of here."

With a sigh, the odd couple left the room closing the door behind them.

Embry quickly scooped Allegra up in his arms and transported her onto her bed.

He sat down first pulling her onto his lap, they lingered for a moment simply wrapped up in each other's company enjoying the comfort they seemed to provide each other.

"Embry," she choked on her words. "I'm scared."

He shook his head, "it's okay. It's okay. I'll protect you, Al. I promise."

Her eyes widened dramatically, as images suddenly begun flickering through her mind.

She moved off his lap and grabbed her notebook and a pencil from the bedside table, Allegra moved in-between his legs and leant against he's chest.

Embry watched as she blindly begun writing words down on the page.

After she finished jotting it down they both glanced down at the pages,

"What does that mean?" He whispered.

Allegra exhales shakily, "I have no idea."

Her fingertips trace Embry's name delicately, "why did I write your name? Why is Sam's name there too?"

She licks her lips, "wolves, I saw wolves in the woods."

"There was a large wolf with jet black fur," Allegra could remember the images so vividly, it felt as if it had happened only minutes ago.

"It was beautiful."

Embry had so many questions but he stayed quiet, There was so much more than meets the eye with Allegra.

He inhaled sharply and just held her.

"We'll figure this out..." he paused for a moment.

"Together...."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬