ten

CHAPTER TEN:

" I'M SCARED "

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE GIRL faced school with a positive attitude the next morning, some of Bella Swan's closest friends nearly collapsed as she walked by and actually sent them the smile first, Angela, was on cloud nine waving enthusiastically

Mike shot her an over the shoulder half smile before returning his attention to Jessica who was practically drooling at his feet, it made Allegra feel guilty. Had anyone told her that Mike had kissed Allegra? 

She stopped at her locker gulping back the guilt as she quickly turned the combination lock, however, as she begun pulling books from her bag to place them in the locker a familiar male presence can be sensed. 

"Allegra," Jasper whispers. "How are you?" 

Her mind was confused scrambling to pull itself together, she inhaled slowly feeling herself calm down. Allegra knew it was Jasper's influence but she'd like to think she knew herself enough to do it.

She pulled a binder and a pencil case from her locked before turning to face Jasper with a smile he hadn't seen in a while, "adjusting. How are you, Jasper?"

The vampire recoiled, "you know how it is ma'am" his southern drawl brightened her smile just that little bit more.

Allegra wasn't sure what had her in such a good mood she was woke up that morning, maybe it was the reconciliation with her father, Charlie.

Or maybe it was knowing that Embry Call would be coming over that very afternoon to do some homework and visit her - after all, it felt like forever that she had seen him.

It was like a piece of her heart was missing when he wasn't near, she felt down all of the energy sucked from her body.

"I get it," she spoke after untangling herself from the Web of her never ending thoughts.

Allegra glanced up at him making eye contact, "I want to be your friend." She confessed. "I want to be able to look at you and Alice the way I did before I found out about your.... gifts."

Jasper listened intently nodding every now and then to acknowledge her, "but I'm scared."

"I'm scared of what I don't know, I'm scared of the unknown and you are the unknown."

Jasper pulled his lips together in a tight line, "you have to understand - I'm still coming to terms with everything and, now, the protection detail outside my house it's just a lot."

Allegra took a moment to breathe, everything that she had locked up in her mind flowed so freely that she didn't think that her tongue was ever going to cease.