The Secret Thing

A few employees were gossiping on their seats, exchanging opinions and bad mouthing the chairwoman. Although she had her fair share of compliments, the negative ones are just as ruthless as her reputation of being a strict boss in the company.

At the sound of familiar heels clinking on the floor, echoing with authority, the people shifted in their seats and went back to their work, clearing their throat and resumed typing as if nothing happened.

The secretary approaches her. "Miss Yoon, you have a visitor in your room."

Seri groaned and before she could spat out at him, he beat her to it. "I kept telling him he cannot just walk in without scheduling for an appointment but he said you two are close." The secretary was carefully watching the coffee she's holding on her hand, hoping he wouldn't get drenched by it today.

She pinches the bridge of her nose and closes her eyes, forcing a smile through gritted teeth. "Don't tell me it's Sang Woo."

"No, ma'am. He's a doctor."

Doctor?

The coffee was instantly passed to him along with a few papers she had been holding in her hand. Seri walked briskly to her room and stopped in front of the door. There was a brief hesitation if she should turn the knob or not.

The last time they called each other, he had told her that he will most likely land in evening...

But as soon as she opened the door, he was already sitting on her couch. Ri Jeong Hyeok, reading a magazine with one leg draped over the other. The sound caught his attention and when their eyes met, the alluring dents in his cheeks came into view as he sweetly smiled to her.

The door closed with a soft click, a stark contrast to how she made her way to throw herself at him, lacing her arms around her neck. He grunted at the embrace and hugged her back. A few seconds passed and she pulls away, assessing his face.

"I thought you were supposed to arrive at evening later."

"I wanted to surprise you."

She wrinkles her nose and playfully hits his chest. He leans in to give her a soft peck and she giggles, trying to evade it. He leaned in again, and again, showering her with kisses on her cheek that tells her he missed her ardently. Seri clutches his collar and slightly tiptoes to meet him halfway, about to give him a full kiss on the lips but then,

A knock on the door came. They froze.

"Aish, someone's coming."

At that, she extracted herself from him, a little too brisk, and scurried back to her desk. Jeong Hyeok quietly sat back and opened the magazine, pretending to read. He didn't have an idea first on what she was on to, but when he finally caught on, he found himself awkwardly going with the flow.

Act natural.

"Come in," Seri clears her throat.

The door opened and in came Gu Seung Jun with a plastic bag on one hand. He excitedly eyes Ri Jeong Hyeok, who was on the couch looking unbothered, donning that usual pokerface, and to Seri, working on her desk. A smile beamed on his face and he greets them a little bit too dramatically.

"I was worried you two would end up killing each other!" He whines and goes to sit beside Jeong Hyeok. The doctor gave him a stunned look and acknowledged his words with a curt nod.

He frowns a bit, "I am a doctor. Why did you think I would do that?"

"What do you want, Seung Jun?" Seri's voice was laced with coldness, completely different from the sweet and soft tone she used on Jeong Hyeok seconds ago. "If you have nothing better to do than annoy me, leave."