The Seoul Thing

A/N : Sorry for the long long hiatus! I've read everyone's comments and messages. I'm glad you enjoyed Seri and Jeong Hyeok's travel romance in Swiss here! You might want to reread a few of the previous chapters first before reading this since it's been so long. <3

---

"What are you doing there? Come sit, Jeong Hyeok."

Seri turned her head and she swore she let out a squeak when she saw him. There he was, standing with one hand holding his jacket. The two awkwardly locked eyes, trying to read the message one was trying to tell.

Eventually, Seri snapped back to reality as her hands fumbled to pull the chair, gesturing for him to take the seat beside her.

Jeong Hyeok was in the process of bending to sit down until...

"This is Miss Yoon Seri of Seri's Cho-"

"Ah yes! Hello, nice to meet you!" Seri shot up from her seat and stuck a hand out, showing an expression as if it was her first time meeting him.

Jeong Hyeok was dumbfounded, but awkwardly returned her greetings, shaking her hand. Seri cryptically squeezed his hand, a little bit too hard, as if asking him, 'What are you doing here? Why are you here? What is going on?'

It seemed like Jeong Hyeok had read her obvious message from those expressive eyes of hers. Just when Seri was about to withdraw her hand, she felt him tighten his grip on hers, gently rubbing his thumb on her skin.

The gesture felt so intimate it caught her off guard.

"Nice to meet you too, Yoon Seri-ssi."

"Meet my son, Ri Jeong Hyeok. He's a chief in our hospital and I would like his thoughts on this project."

Seri smiled awkwardly at the director and slowly sat back. Jeong Hyeok quietly held his grin  and followed her, unconsciously gravitating his body towards her like second nature.

"This was sudden, Jeong Hyeok, but Miss Yoon here is such a gem and a good partner. I wouldn't want you to miss this discussion. I'm glad you managed to show up here at the last minute. About the expansion, I would like to know your opinion on this."

The chairwoman blushed at his father's compliments and couldn't help but glance to him as well, to watch his facial expressions or how he would just simply talk about something.

Jeong Hyeok slowly nodded in agreement. "I can see she's very passionate when it comes to business."

Unbeknownst to Seri, who was momentarily too focused in admiring his side profile and the way the words just smoothly roll down his tongue, she was surprised when a warm masculine hand held hers under the table.

"I can also see that Hyun Hospital and Seri's Choice really established a good business relationship." he added, rubbing the pad of his thumb on the back of her hand.

Seri cleared her throat and plastered an awkward smile. While she can still manage to hold on to this situation, she reached for her glass of water.

Jeong Hyeok continued, "It's indeed an opportunity that we shouldn't miss."

She took small sips from the glass that dramatically increased to large gulps when she felt Jeong Hyeok boldly interlocked his fingers on hers. Butterflies rushed to her stomach like a massive storm of waves and tingles.

The director nodded at his son's words before speaking again, this time, emphasizing every word he would utter.

"Jeong Hyeok, if that's the case..."