The Alps Thing

Seri fluttered her eyes open and found herself already comfortable in her bed. The ceiling was the only image that her mind was able to register. When she tried to move, that's when she felt a strong pair of arms hug her and pull her closer.

"Where are you going?" he asked in a deep, husky voice.

With widened eyes, Seri quickly scanned them both and found that they were still wearing the same clothes from yesterday.

Okay, maybe not but still.

"Jeong Hyeok....did we?" he pulled her closer.

"No, no of course not." he said, running his fingers through her hair.

"Seri, I'm a bit sad you didn't get to see the ending" he added, his raspy baritone making her sink to his embrace as images of last night came back one by one.

---

~This is Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency's Senior Inspector, Ha. Chae. Yoon.

"Wait that's it? Tell me there's still more" Jeong Hyeok practically whined at the screen showing the ending credits.

Receiving no response from her, he lowered his head to check only to confirm that Seri has already fallen asleep on his chest. He chuckled, contemplating on whether to wake her up or not.

"The movie's done, Seri-ssi" he heard a low murmur from her.

They stayed like that for a few good minutes when suddenly he could feel Seri nestling closer to him as she adjusted her head on his chest.

"Jeong Hyeok..." he caressed her hair in response as she continued,

"Let's go to bed, I'm tired"

He would be lying if he said he didn't felt anything from those words, right?

Jeong Hyeok carefully lifted Seri, hooking his arm below her legs as she responded by placing both her arms around his neck. He twisted the knob and nudged the door with his foot to open it wider.

He gently laid her on the bed and pulled the blankets to cover her up. Just when he's about to leave, he heard Seri call him out.

"Don't leave"

It was evident that Seri hadn't seen the smile in his face as he went back to kiss her forehead.

"I'll be back then"

Jeong Hyeok softly closed the door as he went back to the living room to clean up the center table. He turned off the TV and washed their glasses at the kitchen.

By the time he went back to her room, he saw Seri sleeping so soundly. He directed to the bathroom to wash up before he cautiously sat beside her.

Sensing his presence, Seri absent-mindedly turned to hover her arms around his torso. Eventually, he carefully laid himself beside and hug her before giving in to his sleep.

Letting her nestle in his arms, Jeong Hyeok could say this was something he would surely love to look forward everyday. The hospital was hectic and his schedules for surgery were piling up every now and then. It was also evident that Seri's work clearly stressed the sanity out of her. Their careers would make them undeniably exhausted and the only place to finally run from that by the end of the day, is this.

His mind drifted from the thought as he caressed her hair.

"Yoon Seri?"

She softly purred in her sleep.

"I think I'm starting to really like you"

Settling closer to him, she replied, her voice half-awake,