The Bodyguard Thing

"Will you please stop kicking me, Seri," Jeong Hyeok chuckled and mumbled under his breath, her feet kicking him in his legs. He then felt her tugging their shared blanket to her side, covering herself more, leaving him half-exposed to the cold air.

Jeong Hyeok's lips protruded into a pout as he tugged the blanket back to him. The two eventually found themselves fighting for the thin fabric as they laid on a mattress in the floor.

Jeong Hyeok finally gave up and let her have the blanket. He turned around to see her back facing him. "I'm sorry, okay? Will you turn around for me now?" He said, his sleepy baritone voice, breathy and raspy. Seri softly groaned before finally shifting herself to face him.

She wasn't anticipating the close proximity as her breath effectively hitched at the presence of him staring deep into her eyes. Masculine arms went to wrap her in a tight embrace, guiding her head to rest at the crook of his neck.

Seri gave in and muttered, "Why do I still like you, you're so annoying". She said then proceeded to lift the blanket, covering him up along with her.

---

After hours of attempted contact to nearby cabs which resulted to a disappointing none, the two found themselves going back up, towards the white restaurant with leafy decorations and warm lamps.

With just a few more steps before they can finally reach the spot, their eyes glimmered at the sight of Oska walking out the door to take the trash. Jeong Hyeok took the lead and walked themselves faster towards the man.

Without batting an eye to them, Oska casually said, "You took so long" making them abruptly halt in their steps with just enough distance. Jeong Hyeok glanced up, scanning the dark sky for a split second before responding,

"We didn't realized the time. There's no--"

"Yeah, of course."

Oska clapped his hands together, dusting away the dirt before putting his hands on his hips. He shaked his head sidewards to move the loose hair covering the side of his face and added,

"Grandma already cleared the guestroom for you two. She even scolded me for letting you go back knowing there's nothing to catch up there anymore"

Seri stepped in and awkwardly forced a smile to Oska, "We're really sorry for the inconvenience. "

Oska lifted his hand to stop her before she could add anything to it, "It's nothing. I should be the one apologizing. There's only one mat and mattress for the single guestroom."

He shifted his eyes to look at the expanse of the dark road and momentarily listened to the crickets and the heavy gush of cold wind. "I'll bring the heater. One blanket is obviously not enough"

The door opened and revealed a gentle elderly lady holding a mug on one hand, the other resting heavily at the handle of the door.

"Why are you still here outside? Get in already" she softly commanded at the younger people.