The Hyun Thing

"Are you sure about that?" Seri asked for the third time to the intern, currently shaking on the spot, her hands clutching her folders as Seri shot her the glare of death.

Her eyes just had the right amount of eyeliner for a powerful look, and her black blazer rested comfortably on her shoulders. The accent of gold hanging on her neck highlighted her collarbone while her hair was kept neatly behind her back.

She was deadly serious and if humans could ever fume, she would've puffed a whole smoke of rage.

"Y-yes, I mean, n-no" the poor intern replied.

She heard a pang of files hitting the desk hard as some of its paper clips flew around the room. Seri released a disappointing breath and after what seemed like hours of cold silence, she finally lifted her gaze back to hers, her lips forced into an intimidating smirk as she asked once again, "Are you. Sure."

The intern felt tears clouding her sight, her chest began to tighten but finally, thank the heavens, she managed to sneak a relieving sigh when the doors open.

"Take it easy there Seri-ssi", Seung Jun said as he takes confident strides towards her desk. He offered an assuring nod to the poor girl and she scurried off, away from the dangerous woman.

Seri straightened herself and arranged the folders. She went back to her computer screen but the man casually making himself comfortable at her couch was starting to irritate her. The audacity, she thought to herself.

"What are you doing here? I swear to God if this is anything utterly useless I would..."

"Kill me?" She turned to look at him, her face clearly evident that she wasn't in the mood for some jokes.

"Relax, I actually have something for you though I'm not sure you'd consider it as vacation." Seri furrowed her eyebrows, trying to understand his words and if she's correct, did he just say vacation? Seung Jun knew well that the woman do not do leisures. To Seri, those were mere distractions, a gateway to damnation as her brain would translate.

"Vacations do not exist in my vocabulary."

"Then business it is." Seri was starting to lose her patience with Seung Jun beating around the bush, even cryptically raising his brows at her.

"I just got a call from the Director of Hyun Hospital. He said he is interested in doing a collaboration with you since the facility just started going into deeper research with the skin care hospital they're planning to establish."

Interesting.

"Tell me about it." Seri leaned on her desk, interlocked her hands and rested her chin on it. Seung Jun could tell she wasn't impressed and was just deliberately mocking him, to see if he would continue any further.

He let out a sigh, deep inside he knew this would make her think of it as some jackpot once he starts mentioning those magic words.

"I don't think you have made any research on Hyun Hospital. If you accept this offer, you would literally crash the headlines and the magazines. The company, erm, your company, would get better public attention, and," he waves off his hand, knowing she's getting a better understanding of the picture. "You know the rest."

And she did get the point.

Seri's face lit up at the mention of her company's benefit. Maybe this Hyun thing is actually that big of a deal, she thought. She unknowingly ran her index finger to the sides of her jaw, momentarily lost in her own thoughts regarding the shiny outcomes she could get from this:

I could get the broadcasting company to a much more appealing contract. Or probably add more billboards outside.

Maybe some top celebrities for endorsements? Wait, this could push through the collections I've been dying to release!