The Setup Thing

Warning! (middle part of this chapter) Gwang Beom and Eun Dong briefly dealt with a sensitive ER case.

——

Seri jumped from her seat and went for the door, unlocking it immediately. She was delightfully welcomed by the sight of Jeong Hyeok, smiling ear to ear, the dents in his cheeks appearing cutely. He lifted his arm to show her the two plastic bags filled with their lunch.

Seri took the other bag from him and ushered him to get in. He followed behind her. By the time she took that one last step before placing it on the kitchen counter,

"Where did you get thi—"

Jeong Hyeok held her wrist and spinned her to face him. He cupped her face and kissed her.

Taken aback, her lips we're unyielding for a brief second. At the feeling of his soft and warm lips, she finally relaxed and closed her eyes, giving in to him. Seri wounded her arms around his neck as she felt Jeong Hyeok gently lift her to sit at the counter.

He was standing between her legs, his hand pressed against the small of her back, pulling her closer as humanly as possible while the other on her nape, holding her in place whilst tangling its fingers to the locks of her hair.

As much as they don't want to break the kiss, the two lovers pulled away, gasping for breath they clearly needed by now.  With closed eyes, Jeong Hyeok leaned his forehead to hers as Seri tightened her arms around his neck, clunging onto him.

After a brief moment of comfortable silence and rapid heartbeats, Seri drew circles at the back of his neck with her finger, lips forming to a smile as she said mumbled her breath, "What was that for?"

"Nothing. I just like you." He genuinely answered, opening his soft eyes to meet hers, "So much."

Seri looked through his eyes and couldn't help but cup his face, pulling it to plant a soft peck on his lips. She then snuggled her head on the crook of his neck and replied, "You have no idea how much I like you".

Jeong Hyeok rested his chin on top of her head and caressed her hair. He warmly smiled so brightly at the presence of her under the embrace of his arms.

They set the box of Bündnerfleisch on one side of the center table, and the other box of Berner platte on the opposite. Just as they were about to have their first bites of the delicious lunch, Seri's phone rang.

She swiped and set the phone in speaker on the table, responding in between munches of beef.

"Seung Jun? You. Called?"

"You're eating right now?"

"Yes, we are" Jeong Hyeok playfully interrupted.

"Oh...wait. Jeong Hyeok? Is that you?"

"Yes"

Seri shot him a look while the phone remained silent for a good few seconds. Seung Jun must've spaced out or something, Jeong Hyeok grinned.

"I see..."

Hearing that response drop in a low, serious tone with a weird void that Seri couldn't seem to quite take a hold of, she cleared her throat before asking him again, lifting a spoon to her mouth.

"Why did you called?"

"Director Ri called me. He asked if you're available for seven in this evening. Since you clearly are, you should reply in this number. Got it?" Seung Jun replied.

"He could've just personally reached me instead. Noted anyway, Seung Jun. "

"Right, what's with him? I'll text the number."