The Flight Thing

And just like that, his office became the snow queen's lair. At his point of view, the two strangers in front of his table have been looking at each other for way too long. Seung Jun somehow felt cornered. No one dared to look away. But eventually, Jeong Hyeok broke the eye contact.

"Yes, I've seen this guest of yours just yesterday." she finally responded, gaze still fixated on him, savouring the pathetic victory she felt when he finally looked away. Seri took a good look, scanning him up and down. He was sitting comfortably with his legs crossed together. Obviously friends, she analyzed.

"Oh-oh... so you recognized him. He just told me what you said to him on the elevator. And here you are, confirming it first-hand." Seung Jun eyes darted from her to him, feeling all the pressure of the situation on his shoulders.

"About what?" Seri finally turned. He took the folder from her and reached out for a pen at the corner of his desk. "That you can do anything you want here," he blatantly replied, his attention fixed on the papers he is signing. She felt Jeong Hyeok glance at her from the corner of her eye.

Seri snapped to meet his eyes instantly. "You know, if you want some real confirmation, I can make you leave this building within five seconds from now." to which made Jeong Hyeok feel in beyond confusion. Is she bipolar or something?

He was still sitting, his back leaning comfortably against the chair. Bewildered by her stress-caused behavior, he slightly squinted his eyes in curiosity, brows knitted, crossed his arms and pressed his lips together, those dimples appearing as he leaned his back more. Go on, his body language boldly conveyed to her as clear as the day.

"Or have a cup of coffee first."

Before Seri could speak, Seung Jun already stood up from his seat. "Face it Seri. You're stressed. Have some caffeine. Stop taking it out on someone you don't even know," and with that, he left them both at his desk, unable to bear the ice, and headed for the pantry just across the side of his room, semi-divided by the wall for some distinction.

"You know, keeping a plant beside you could actually relieve your stress," Jeong Hyeok said, awkwardly initiating the conversation just because he felt it was his duty to calm her nerves down. For a person surrounded by patients all day and students constantly looking up to his influence, you really can't blame the man for trying.

Although he was quite unaware of how stupid it somehow sounded.

Amused and caught off guard by the sudden randomness, Seri fired back at him, "That's cute but I don't think I could do that. You see, my office is not a garden, Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi." Feeling her headache fading ever so slowly, she finally managed to take the seat opposite to him.

Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi, the way she called his name for the first time subconsciously replayed itself over and over in his mind. He felt relieved. At least he can't see himself walking away from this very office for the next 10 minutes anymore. Jeong Hyeok took no further moves to continue the conversation. Dead air once again filled the room.

Seri crossed her arms and leaned her back, copying what he did earlier. "So, how did you and Seung Jun knew each other?"

"He's Dan's childhood friend. Wow. She never told you?" Seung Jun replied, walking towards them with two cups of coffee occupying both hands. "Anyway, you heard the medical movie she's starring right? Well, she asked Jeong Hyeok for some advise. I'm telling you Seri, she's drop-dead gorgeous in that white coat!"

He placed the cups in front of them and finally took out the toast he's been holding from the corner his mouth. "Dan thought it would be great if me and Jeong Hyeok could get along with each other and asked a favor if I'm willing to be the one to take the notes from him instead of her. Couldn't say no to that." Seung Jun continued while munching on his food.