The Michelin Thing

It was the sixth hour of their long flight when Seri fell into deep slumber. Her head would sway towards the aisle where passengers would pass by, making Jeong Hyeok feel uneasy at her sleeping state. One second didn't passed yet when he found his hands, lifting themselves on their own, gently cradling her head and guiding it to the comfort of his broad shoulders.

She held her white-knuckled hands together as her eyes shut tight, indicating she was indeed in her deep sleep. As if it wasnt enough for him to tilt his shoulder to a lower angle to accommodate her head more, Jeong Hyeok smoothly removed his jacket, and spread the fabric over her. It was his jacket that brought warmth to Seri.

Seeing her peaceful image and the overwhelming feeling of providing comfort to her was enough for Jeong Hyeok to finally close his eyes and give in to his own sleep.

Thank Director Ri and some of the values he taught while raising young Jeong Hyeok.

"What?" was the only word Seri's mind could form after waking up from what she would say, the best sleep she ever had in all her histories of travelling. She lifted her head upon realizing where it has been the whole time and evaded eye contact. She quickly returned the jacket and felt the slap of cold air as her skin started to crave warmth once again. Seri gave the jacket to Jeong Hyeok, who was now propping himself to stand up.

"That wasn't necessary but thank you," Seri muttered under her breath as she stood up with Jeong Hyeok, enough for him to hear those words at their close proximity. She quickly fixed herself and went for the aisle to exit the plane.

The airport of Zürich was busy on an eight o'clock evening. Announcements overlapped the whole wide room as passengers from different countries were going about their own ways.

Seri and Jeong Hyeok were walking side by side, with her pulling the luggage swiftly, maintaining her poise while Jeong Hyeok held his duffle bag on one shoulder."Are you heading straight to Sigriswil?" Seri finally managed to ask in the middle of their walking, not turning to look at him.

"No, I figured out I can go there by train tomorrow. " His eyes were fixed to the direction in front of him. "For now..." he pondered, as if trying to put some pieces together in his head. 

Then finally, he decided to check.

"Wait," Jeong Hyeok firmly said and paused, making Seri oblige and stop in her tracks as well. She glanced at him, pulling his phone from the pocket and proceeded to text on someone.

Man Bok-ssi, I'm at the airport right now. Can you still pick me up? - Jeong Hyeok

Oh, right, Jeong Hyeok-ah. I have so much work in the studio today. I'm sorry I couldn't be there. - Man Bok

That's fine. It's the same unit right? I'm leaving for tomorrow morning anyway. Just for the night today. - Jeong Hyeok

Seri's eyes were scanning the venue from the third floor to the first then to the second. There were so many food stalls and mini stores that she was tempted to take herself in. She went back to Jeong Hyeok who was still typing.

Why did she stopped with him? She could've just went on. It's not like they even agreed to go together in the first place. That Duty-Free store is literally calling for me. Should I just leave him here? she contemplated to herself.

Just then a call went in, and Jeong Hyeok responded immediately, growing conscious at the certain person in front of him. This waiting game must've killed them inside by now.

"You called?"

"Shoot. My seniors decided to use that room until tomorrow. They're recording something separate for the film's audio files. They just told me today."