The Zurich Thing

The sound of her fingers typing the keyboard echoed through the walls of her office. Seri had just began her morning work and yet the constant hammering in her head still lingered, considering she had too much of a drink last night.

Just as she finished reviewing the contract for Seo Dan's endorsement for their company, which had been extended for three more months, the doors of her room blew open. Bothered by the absence of a simple, polite knock, Seri paused her typing and rolled her eyes before landing her sight at him.

Seung Jun took large steps towards her desk, with one arm clutching to his phone. He looked like he was about to leap out of excitement, but at the same time, his lips were hesitant to speak.

"Did you get to arrange the appointment?

He was stammering to get the right word. Seung Jun thought for a second if barging in was a good idea. Of course not. But he can't leave anymore.

"Look, maybe I, I rushed things and never thought of this carefully..."

Impatiently expecting those predictable words to drop, or maybe not exactly what she was anticipating, Seri suddenly snapped at him, "Just tell me Seung Jun! Cut through the chase and spill! I have work and I don't have time for your-"

"You're going to Switzerland." He clears his throat and evades her eyes. "Tomorrow."

Deafening silence filled the room. Seung Jun held his breath as he waited for the drop of information  to sink in her thoughts. Wrong move, he scolded to himself.

Horrified, Seri finally freaked out.

"What?!"

He found himself internally bracing for dear life as her words began attacking his ears.

She had a lot of work, and by lot, a horrible pile of paperwork needing her review and signature from the branches all over the country for this morning. The afternoon, she had to drop by Daegu to visit his grandfather, the chairman of Y&Y Group for a cup of coffee, as he exactly said over the phone.

Then the next day, is a scheduled meeting with the largest shareholder of their company, which she wouldn't want to handle carelessly. Above everything else, the stocks of the company is the one thing you should never dare to mess with, especially Seri's Choice.

"That's," Seung Jun raised a finger in an attempt to interrupt but Seri overpowered him and continued. "The day after tomorrow, I have another meeting in regards to Dan's stay as a product endorser. You do know she's quite the big shot these days, right?" she began catching her breath after finally letting her reaction tone down at the sight of him, trying his best to take all of her words.

"Seri, look, I know how this thing went too fast, yesterday I must've worked you out a lot and the next thing I knew, I already received a voicemail from you giving me the go signal." He inhaled a whole amount of air before proceeding, "The point is, I should've told you the whole conversation we actually had before those."

Oh God.

She had a hint of what this was and realized how Seung Jun screwed up. Badly screwed up. Shaking off all the thoughts that brewed in her mind, she gathered the remaining ounce of patience she had and let the damn man talk.

"I didn't actually paid much attention to it but he once told me that he is currently at a seminar and that your name was mentioned by the speaker. You were actually one of the main topics of the event and he was intrigued by your influence."

Just tell me straight to the point, she yelled at the back of her mind, while massaging the temples of her head. She already had herself in an active minefield, capable enough to crush her by the end of the week and disarming another bomb like this wasn't part of the plan.