Origin Revealed

Yunlan went into his father's study room to talk about what happened inside the cave and about the symbol on his chest.

"Father, the Dark Forest Clan is getting bolder with their new leader. We need to act quickly!" Yunlan suggested to his father. "I will hold a meeting tomorrow. But for now, let me see the symbol." King Zhao asked.

Yunlan loosened his robes and showed his father, who was surprised to see the Holy Grail symbol on his son. "The Holy Grail has chosen you! Can you feel its energy within you?" asked King Zhao and Yunlan nodded. "But it's not to the full potential that it should be reached! There's an obstruction in one of my arteries!" Yunlan explained to his father, who appeared to be calmed about it.

King Zhao acknowledged what Yunlan said as he opened a cabinet. He took out an ancient book and passed it to Yunlan. "This is a book about the Holy Grail?" Yunlan started flipping the pages. King Zhao nodded and gestured him to go on reading.

"To obtain the true power of Kunlun, the holders of the Holy Grail must absorb the phoenix fire from the bottomless pit." Yunlan read aloud. "Phoenix fire? Bottomless pit?" Yunlan looked up at his father.

King Zhao sighed before disclosing the location. "Son! The phoenix fire is located in the pit of Dark Mountain. It's a risky journey!" King Zhao shook his head, not liking the idea that his son might have to face dangers.

"Father, don't worry! No power could be obtained easily without taking risks. Isn't that what you taught me?" Yunlan patted his father's shoulder in assurance. "But I have something I need you to clarify!" He asked with a serious tone. King Zhao smirked. "Is this about Shen Wei?" Yunlan quickly nodded. King Zhao went to sit down. "Let me tell you a story Yunlan!"

"When I became King of the North, I received my second oracle. Strange that the oracle wasn't for me, but it was related to you! It said that my successor will become the great ruler." King Zhao paused to look Yunlan in the eyes. "And he is also the descendant of God Kunlun, who will reunite with his lover that will be born from the South!" Yunlan let out a gasp as he walked closer to his father to confirm. "What?"

King Zhao continued. "One day I met with King Shen's eldest son, Shen Wei, who holds the scent of the snow flower from the North." King Zhao caressed his chin. "My gut feeling told me he is the one. So I taught him many things about the North. I taught him how to open the seal of Kunlun cave. I gave him ancient books and writings from the North to read." King Zhao smiled thinking about Shen Wei. "Shen Wei was very clever and curious about everything, so he never complains when I told him to study!"

King Zhao got up from his seat and opened another secret drawer. He took out a rolled-up painting and passed it to Yunlan. "One day, I accidentally stumbled on this lampstand which opened up a secret drawer and found this hidden inside."

Yunlan rolled down the painting and widened his eyes upon seeing a portrait of the person. "Shen Wei?"

"From the gentleness in the eyes, it does look like Shen Wei!" Again King Zhao paused. "But this person is the guardian of the North. His origin is of the snow flower, his name is Hua Wuxie and is the lover of God Kunlun. One day an Intense war broke out which caused the lovers to make sacrifices. But before they parted, they made an oath to meet again!" King Zhao disclosed.

"So tell me Yunlan, how do you feel about Wei? If you want, I could ask his father to betroth him to you!" King Zhao asked the now bewildered Yunlan.

Yunlan became quiet to give himself time to think. "I do love him, but I cannot put him in any danger just to obtain this power. He's my life! If anything happens to him, I won't live either!" Yunlan admitted.

King Zhao understood and patted Yunlan on his shoulder, supporting his son's decision.

************************************************************

Inside another room, Shen Wei was kneeling before his father. "Father, I'm wrong. Please forgive me!" Shen Wei said with his head down. "Pack up and leave tomorrow morning!" His father ordered. Suddenly Yezun barged into the room to rescue his Gege. "Where's your manner?" His father scolded. "Mother told Gege to come. I will connect you to mother." Yezun was about to summon his wind element. "No need! But no more disobeying me!" His father coughed, not wanting to talk to his wife. Yezun looked at Shen Wei and winked.

"Wei, listen carefully to what I am about to tell you!" Both Shen Wei and Yezun listened attentively. "When I became King, I received my second oracle. But it was about you!" He put both hands on Shen Wei's shoulders. "It said when my firstborn step foot out of the Kingdom, he will face danger. This is why I didn't allow you to come with us. But fate still brought you here! So tell me, what do you think of Prince Zhao? I know King Zhao wants you to marry his son." King Shen asked, but Shen Wei was too shy to reply. King Shen noticed his beet-red face, so he could only assume that Shen Wei has feelings for Yunlan already.

************************************************************

The next morning, the Kings and subordinates discussed plans to deal with the Dark Forest Clan. While the others were at the foot of the mountain having a picnic.

"Gege! Gege! Da Qing told me they're making a trip to the Dark Mountain to get the phoenix fire!" Yezun reported loudly to Shen Wei. Yunlan heard and glared at Da Qing, who is trying to hide behind Chu.

Shen Wei quickly made his way over to Yunlan, who tried to evade him the whole morning already. "Are you really going to the Dark Mountain? Can we go with you?"

Yunlan tried to look stern as he rejects Shen Wei. "No, you cannot! I don't want to attract too much attention!" And walked away.

Shen Wei followed, trying to convince Yunlan. "Ah Lan!" Shen Wei called out, running towards Yunlan and grabbed his wrist to stop him. Immediately, he shook himself off Shen Wei's grip. "Did I do something wrong?" Shen Wei asked almost in tears. Yunlan quickly turned to avoid that face. "Sorry!" That was all he managed to say and left the weeping Shen Wei.