A Second Soul Collected

Before his father could disagree with the marriage, Shen Wei quickly gave his father the King's decree that he requested from the King. "Nonsense, Wei! Do you want to marry a beggar for real!" his father slammed the table.

Yezun quickly poured some tea for Shen Wei to give their father. "Father, he's not an ordinary beggar. He helped capture the traitor of our nation, and besides, we did it!" Shen Wei lied. "WHAT?" This time his father and brother screamed in shock.

In the end, his father had no choice but to agree since the rice had already been cooked, and Yunlan needed to take responsibility.

After leaving the room, Shen Wei and Yezun had some secret talk together. "Didi, help me! Ah Lan wanted me to leave with him after marriage. I don't want to live like a beggar! But I'm afraid he will leave me. What to do?" Shen Wei worriedly paced back and forth. Yezun thought for a while. "Gege, after you married, try to delay as long as possible. Use your mischievous trick. You can do it!" Yezun advised his brother, who is now carrying a cunning smile.

***********************************************************

The day of marriage finally arrived. Da Qing and Chu were helping Yezun Guo to hand out some steamed buns to the beggars outside.  Chu nudged Da Qing to look at Zhu Jiu, who no longer had any wealth and became a beggar.  "Poor guy, maybe we should teach him some begging tricks!"

Yunlan and Shen Wei bowed to each other the third time to complete the marriage ritual.

"Gege, it's an auspicious time now!" Yezun winked to his brother and brought him into the room to wait for his husband while Yunlan quickly drank wine with the guests. "I can't drink anymore!" He pretended to be drunk, and eye signalled Da Qing and Chu to bring him to the room. Yezun saw that and smirked. "Good luck, Gege!"

Yunlan quickly closed the door behind him. "Xiao Wei, we should leave..." But Shen Wei covered his mouth from talking further. "Ah Lan, we need to drink the wine first before anything else," Shen Wei instructed.  Yunlan nodded and poured them some wine as they drank it, crossing arms.

In a minute, Yunlan started sweating and felt a burning sensation tingling within him. "It's hot in here!" He started fanning with his hands. Shen Wei grinned widely. "Me too! I think these clothes are too thick." He took off his outfit as it fell one by one in front of Yunlan, who is becoming aroused, seeing the beautiful pale, curved body displayed before his eyes.

Shen Wei smirked, seeing the lust in his husband's eyes and quickly laid down in bed, seductively waving at Yunlan to come. Without delay, Yunlan undressed in one swift, jumped in bed and devoured his beauty.

"Ah Lan..enough!" Shen Wei whimpered underneath Yunlan, who kept thrusting nonstop. "Not...yet! I'm still hot!" Yunlan continued to make love many times until the drug subsided.

"Ah Lan...Ah Lan!" He tiredly nudged Yunlan, who suddenly fell asleep on top of him from exhaustion. "Did I put in too much drug?" Shen Wei smirked in triumph but yelped as he pushed Yunlan off him and happily snuggled to his husband's embrace.

***********************************************************

In a few days, Shen Wei kept trying to evade Yunlan questions about leaving by pretending to be busy or sick, "Ah Lan, I think I'm pregnant! I don't think we should leave." He acted by holding his stomach with pain. Yunlan chuckled hard at his nonsense. "We have only been married for a few days, Xiao Wei!"

Shen Wei quickly thought of something else. "I think I will faint!" and pretended to collapse in Yunlan's arms. Yunlan sighed inwardly and teleported them both on a high rooftop. He needed to find out what his mischievous lover wanted to do.

Shen Wei suddenly opened his eyes as he felt gushes of wind hitting against his face. "Why are we up here!" Shen Wei screamed from the height. "Don't worry! Let's talk." Yunlan hugged Shen Wei from behind as they sat down on the roof. "Tell me, didn't you agree to leave with me?"

"I want to be with you, but I don't want to wander around without a home! I want us to build a family. Ah Lan, you won't leave me, right?" Shen Wei's tears flowed like a stream, making Yunlan's heart sank. He quickly wiped his tears. "I won't leave, silly. Your Ah Lan won't ever leave you in any life or realm. He will always stay with you," Yunlan lifted Shen Wei's chin and gazed into his glossy eyes. "I just wanted to know from your heart if you would leave with me if I must go?"

Shen Wei quickly nodded without hesitation. "Yes! I would follow you to the end of the earth!" Yunlan smiled at that and hugged him tighter in his arms. "Let's just enjoy the view for a bit longer!"

They sat there until the stars and moon risen above them. Yunlan watched as the moonlight glistened on the beautiful face beside him and inwardly let out a sigh. He stood up and extended his arm. "It's time to go!" Shen Wei nodded and gave his hand, which Yunlan quickly pulled up. "Xiao Wei, remember this, Ah Lan will always be with you!" As he caressed his face and kissed Shen Wei for the last time before transferring the soul-recovering pill in his mouth.

The bracelet glowed as their souls drifted away from the realm.

***********************************************************

Back at the Kingdom:

Once again, Yunlan stirred with difficulty to open his eyes. He suddenly felt chilled from the ice bed and knew that he was finally back at the Kingdom. "Xiao Wei!" He quickly sat up and looked to his side, seeing Shen Wei still not awake. "Xiao Wei! Wake up!" Yunlan panicked, thinking he passed the forty-nine days mark.

Finally, the pair of beautiful eyes twitched open and gently looked up at him. "Xiao Wei, you have finally woken!" Yunlan shed happy tears and enveloped Shen Wei in his arms, kissing his forehead. "Was it just a dream? I was in strange places!" Shen Wei closed his eyes to feel Yunlan's warmth. "You're here now. That is what matters. I miss you so much, Xiao Wei!" As they continued embracing each other.

The guards at the door quickly informed King Zhao and King Shen. They joyfully rushed to meet their sons with the others, only to witness them kissing and quickly pushed everybody back out. "What's wrong, father? I want to see my Gege!" Yezun whined and tried to push through. "Ahem! Let them be alone for now!" King Shen cleared his throats while holding yezun back. "I think we should go prepare a grand wedding, shall we?" King Zhao suggested as they headed back to the castle, dragging Yezun, who didn't want to leave.

"I think someone is at the entrance?" Shen Wei shyly broke the kiss upon hearing voices. "I didn't hear anything, and who cares." Yunlan pulled Shen Wei back on the bed and proceeded to kiss his beloved again.