Seven Years

Currently, Akashi and Midorima were making their way towards the changing room to get ready for practice. The school day had ended, and although Luna had made an appearance, she never returned to the classroom for the remainder of the day. Akashi gave a glance to Midorima and finally decided to ask what had been weighing on his mind since the morning interaction.

"You and Luna seem to be well acquainted with each other. "

Midorima gave him a quick glance before looking forward again.

"Seven years."

Akashi would be lying if he said that he wasn't surprised. He already had an idea of what type of person Senju Luna was, after all they were from the same world; one of business and power, a world where creating connections through business-party meets was practically mandatory. One, where the corporation that she would be inheriting held lots of power.  And a world in which she had been given permission, from her matriarchal grandmother, to not have to participate in until the age of twenty-five. Three years ago when the matriarch head of the family, Senju Sayuri, had been asked about the social debut of her sole granddaughter and heiress, Senju Luna, she simply replied; "At this point in time, Luna holds no interest in such things."
At that time, although only being eight years old, Akashi could only think of one word to describe this Luna person; irresponsible. And now adding onto the facts that he recently discovered about her, such as the fact that the real word to describe her was actually lazy, it did come as a minor shock that she seemed to know Midorima and so it now seemed that she wasn't such a loner as he had also assumed.

"But, she's too complicated."

Akashi looked at him, trying to gauge his expression and words.

"There's no deep meaning in my words Akashi, my words are literal. Luna is too complicated of a person to understand when she acts a certain way. We also tend to differ a lot although that's due to the fact that she's a blood type A and I'm a B type."

Akashi gave a small smile at his reasoning.

"If she's such a complicated person and you don't get along well, why do you still talk to her?" Akashi asked curiously.

"Her complicated persona usually doesn't show itself much and although there are more times that we don't get along, there have been others in which we do."

They both had arrived at the door of the club room. Midorima reach for the handle of the door about to open it.

"You seem to care very much about her."

A silence enveloped them as Midorima chose his next words carefully.

"If I were to leave her side.... she'd be all alone." He looked over at Akashi, "She'll have no more connection to the outside world." With that he turned towards the door, opened it and went ahead to get changed.

Akashi stood outside for a few seconds, contemplating his last words. But as he thought about it more , he concluded that it would be best to ask Luna about the questions he had about her, after all they would be seeing each other tomorrow.

After changing and doing their warm-up stretches the members of the the first string were now doing suicides on the court. While some were trying to keep a clear mind and ignore the burning of their legs others were praying for the end already but poor boys still had a few more rounds to go. After all, basketball was a sport that involved lots of conditioning, and suicides were naturally at the top of their training regime.

Sometimes when a person was too busy in their own mind, dwelling in thoughts and memories, their physical state would be forgotten, as was the case with Midorima at the moment.