¿Crazy?

The aroma of tea in the air, the hollow chunky sound of the wood and bamboo chimes and the soft breeze that lightly glazed the skin; It was all in a little hidden cottage within the woods. A birthday present to Luna by her father, it was her personal haven where she spent most of her time in, but at this time it felt like a prison.

Sitting in a cushioned chair, freshly graduated elementary student Luna, sat across the table from her grandmother Senju Sayuri, under the shade of a tree. Both with a cup of tea in front of them, both with their hair tied up into a neat bun, both of them with two waiting attendants standing behind them, and most importantly both in a stalemate.

While her grandmother sat with a straight back showing off an immaculate posture and pressing aura, Luna sat back, leaning onto her chair, with legs crossed and an uncaring air.

"There are not many to choose from Luna, even if I have promised to let you choose, but my approval will be needed at the end. And he is one who I very much approve of."

Luna picked up her tea cup, and stared at the tea leaves that were at the bottom and said, "Thank you for the proposal, grandmother, but my answer is the same; kotowaru." With that, she lightly closed her eyes and took a sip of her tea trying to fully savor it.

Sayuri kept her gaze on her granddaughter's face, and recalled the rumors and gossip that have started to come up about her. Luna disliked the public eye, so she had very little to no appearance in the company image and although she has been learning the management she has stated many times that she doesn't want to take over. And although she has done everything in her power to keep her granddaughter's public figure as clean and pure as possible, someone began throwing dirty water, staining her precious granddaughter's public image. Sayuri refused to let her granddaughter's images be stomped on and thrown in the trash like that, so she had come up with the idea to give potential marriage candidates to Luna so she could choose from. An engagement would be created, and the announcement would overshadow those trashy rumors. But of course, Luna was having none of it, because even if she refused to show herself in public, it didn't mean that she was blind to the gossip that concerned herself.

"Then if you do not find this one fitting, what about Akashi Seijuro? The Akashi's are one of the top three families closest to us, you both are the same age, and you'll be attending the same middle school. He also seems to be acquainted with Shintaro. He seems much more compatible, no?"

Luna, who had been keeping her eyes closed, opened them slightly and looked straight at Sayuri,
"Grandmother, why can't I just marry Shin-Chan?" Then leaning further into her chair and she looked up into the leaves. "I have known him my whole life, mother and father love him as their son, I am most comfortable with him and he is the only person outside the family who I have." She said slowly, giving a small smile, "In other words, my only friend."

Senju Sayuri frowned at Luna's words. "You can not marry him, so stop mentioning him every time we have this conversation." She replied sternly.

"Then stop mentioning the topic of marriage." Luna replied coldly.

Taking her gaze off the leaves, Luna began to stand up. Looking down at her grandmother, who was still sitting, she gave a slight bow, "I'm off to sleep so I won't see you off. Please have a safe trip and take care of your health."

Without waiting for a reply, Luna turned on her heels and walked into her cottage.

Releasing a sigh of defeat, Senju Sayuri turned to look at her most trusted aid, Abe Akemi, older sister of Abe Ayumi; although the sisters shared similar physical characteristics being the right hand of Senju Sayuri, made Akemi excluded an air of coldness and quiet attitude, contrary to Akemi who excluded one of warmness.