One Card, One Question

"Good evening Luna, I heard from Abe-San that you caught a slight cold. How are you feeling?" Kazuma asked softly.

Luna was currently sitting across from Kazuma but had been avoiding looking at him since he entered the room. She didn't like when they had two hour sessions as these were the sessions where she was 'required' to talk. She preferred the sessions where she could use art as an expression rather than her voice.

Kazuma looked at her patiently, he knew that she hated these sessions but they were necessary. He always waited, in the silence, he'd continued to wait until she'd look up and speak.

After ten minutes of silence, Luna opened her mouth, "I'm fine." With that she went quiet again.

"I'm happy to hear that." Replied Kazuma with a closed eyed smile. "Please look at this," he continued, pulling out a deck of cards, "I've recently learned a new card trick from my grandfather, and I've been diligently practicing so I could demonstrate it to you."

Shuffling the cards normally at first, he then proceeded to do a weave shuffle. The flapping of cards against each other lasted 2 seconds, in which after he gave a proud smile while saying, "Ta-Da, pretty cool right?!"

Organizing the cards to demonstrate his trick again, he began to explain to Luna that it wasn't just until yesterday that he actually got the trick down. "My grandfather made it look so smooth and easy, so I got myself a deck to do it. But when I tried for the first time, the cards went flying everywhere. It was so messy the first day of practicing that I ended up losing a card, and I actually still haven't found it." Rubbing the back of his head, he continued, "Do you wanna guess which card got lost?"

Shuffling the cards again, he continued,
"There's this card game named Rummy, it's basically like a matching type game. Each player gets a certain amount of cards, in which the players must, A; have the cards be in numerical order with matching signs(ex. Spade cards 5,6,7,8) or B; have them be of the same number group(ex. All four king cards)in other words 'three of a kind' or 'four of a kind'. The grouping must be a minimum of three cards but it is not limited to it. The remaining cards are put in the middle and each player takes turns drawing them, they need to decide to keep or discard it, if they choose to keep they don't need to use it right away but they'll need trade it with one of their own, and if they choose to discard it, then the opponent will have the same choices. The first person to get rid of their hand wins." Kazuma explained, giving himself the last card and putting the remaining in the middle. "When you have your minimum three cards, put them down on the table. Oh, and if a card comes up that can go into one of your groupings on the table, unless it'll be used for something else it'll automatically go into it and you'll have to give up one of your own cards." He finished explaining.

Luna, who had been listening quietly, stared at the eight cards that were facing down, picking them up, she began to arrange them in her hand. "Joker?"

"None." Replied Kazuma

"Terms?" Luna asked.

"For every card drawn, one question. You have three chances to guess the missing card."

Nodding her head, Luna examined her cards; nine of hearts and spades, eight of hearts and diamonds, six of hearts, seven of spades, four of cloves and queen of cloves.

Kazuma observed Luna, if there was something that he learnt well about Luna, it was that she spoke the most when she's been challenged.

Looking at his own arranged cards, he gave a slight smile. "I'll draw first." Drawing the card he looked at the ten of spades he put it into place and gave up his king of diamonds and without missing a beat put down his first grouping; ten, jack, and queen of spades.
'Hmm, to wait or to not' Luna thought silently.