Warmth

5:27 am

Clink, thud, clink, thud

Soft sounds of beads against each other sounded in the dark room. A hand slowly rotated two mala bead necklaces, one a glass jade with a tassel and the other, a brown wooden one with two red strings hanging off. Rotating them slowly within her hand, Luna stared out the window, her lips moved slowly but no sound came out.

Half an hour later, Luna finally put down the beads, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. Reopening her eyes, she looked up at the moon. After staring at it a bit more she turned away and made her way towards her bathroom.
No matter how much Luna hated waking up early, it had already become something integrated deep within her body. And most importantly, if she wanted to continue to eat and laze during the daytime hours, she had to get her hateful cardio work done early.
Coming out of the bathroom in a blue tracksuit with her hair tied up in a ponytail, Luna grabbed her phone before walking out of her room. Walking into the living room she wasn't surprised to see Midorima already leaning on the kitchen counter drinking tea. She walked towards him, extending her arm out towards the hot drink. Midorima didn't even bother with lecturing her about getting her own drink and gave the tea to her. After gulping the remaining tea, she gave the cup back, instead of taking the cup Midorima stared down at her, Luna stared back at him. And once again, he didn't bother and just took the cup from her and put it in the sink. They then both began to make their way towards the door.

After finally exiting the apartment complex, both began to do light stretches and after five minutes they began their jog.

Only the sound of their breathing and footsteps could be heard. When they reached the fifteenth minute of their jog, Midorima spoke up, "Be sure to be back before 9." Not waiting for a response he turned and began to jog back towards the apartment.
Currently, with Midorima being in the basketball club, he received more than enough cardio workouts and over exerting himself would do no good. So he decided he would only jog for thirty minutes. Luna on the other hand, would sometimes do a bit more than an hour and perhaps that was one of the reasons to why she never had any energy to do anything else.

Almost reaching the forty minute mark, Luna began to debate if she should begin to head back. 'Just till the end of this street.' Luna thought to herself. Reaching said end of the street, she began to turn but half way in her turn she felt a body collide with her. Quickly securing her footing first, she then reached out to the stranger, putting her hands on their arms she was able to stabilize them before they could completely fall on her.

Taking a step back, Luna looked at the person in front of her, who was giving a bow as he apologized.

"Ah, hontoni gomenasai!"

Standing up straight now, baby blue eyes met her golden green ones. Luna stared at him a bit more, recognition flashed within her eyes but quickly disappeared in an instant.

"Daijobu."

With that being said, Luna turned and resumed her jog towards her apartment.

The boy stared at Luna's retreating figure, 'I'm sure I've never met her, so why did it seem as if she recognized me?' He silently shook his head, 'Must be my imagination.' And with that he continued on his way.

Instead of continuing at her jogging pace, Luna sped it up to a full run and finished the last few minutes in a sprint. After entering the building she went straight to the elevator, where after entering, she leaned back against the wall and tried to regain her breath. After she had her breathing under control she pressed her floor button. Stepping out of the elevator, she dragged her feet to the door of her apartment and made her way inside. She took off her shoes making sure that they went back in place and put on her slippers then continued forward, now towards her room, without bothering to grab a new change of clothes, she continued her trip into her dark bathroom.