Just a Feeling

"Are you sure you don't wanna come, Midorima? Even Akashi is accompanying us today." Satsuki said. The team were all going for ice cream as a treat after the tiring practice and they were trying to get the green head to come as well, but Midorima kept refusing.

"I have something to do that can't be held off." Midorima turned to Akashi "I'll send you Lunas address tomorrow early morning. See you tomorrow." He turned to the rest and said his goodbyes then began to walk towards the opposite way.

The team began to leave for the convenience store, Akashi lingered a bit more staring at Midorimas figure but then he started walking with the rest of the group, listening along.

Before he could make his presence known, she stood up from her spot on the bus stop bench.

She turned towards him, staring at him, with those eyes that revealed nothing.

"Why didn't you go with them?"

"Because I knew you'd be waiting for me."

"How? We haven't even seen each other since the school year started, until today."

"What are you planning to do, Luna?"

"I asked first."

"I know you won't answer if I give my answer first. If you want my response, answer me first."

"I don't plan to do anything. I just think that becoming Akashis friend will be beneficial."

"Why do you even bother lying when you know it can't work against me?"

"Why do you bother asking if you know I'll just lie to you?"

Midorima stared at her a bit more before sighing. He walked towards her and took her school bag, taking her hand as he began to walk towards her current apartment complex.

"The gathering is in three weeks. Do you plan to do the same as last time?"

"No, Akashi will be coming this time. It'd be rude to not receive him personally." She replied nonchalantly.

"When did you ever bother with manners?" He questioned her.

"Since this morning." She shot back.

He gave her a side glare and saw how her lips turned up in a mocking smile but her eyes stayed indifferent.

In the gathering when they had first met, when they were four years old, Akashi had been unable to attend due to illness and then in the next one, that happened four years later, was the year his mother had passed away. But now, another four years had gone by, and the gathering was set to be in early August. Invitations had been sent out in early January and the Akashi family had been one of the first to confirm attendance.

They continued on walking, a silence enveloping them but it was far from awkward; it was serene.

"Grandmother has her eyes on Akashi. She says that he'll be a good prospect to consider for marriage."

Midorima pushed up his glasses, already guessing how she responded to that.

"I told her I wasn't interested."

'And there it is. Her typical and infuriating answer.' He thought silently.

"You should start coming up with different excuses, at the rate that you are using that one against your grandmother, she'll end up disowning you."

"That's what I'm hoping for."

Her voice was quiet and her mind seemed to be drifting elsewhere.