𝙾𝚗𝚎'𝚜 𝙱𝚊𝚝 𝙲𝚊𝚟𝚎

current location; One's Haunted House

Eight stepped out of her sleek black convertible

Eight stepped out of her sleek black convertible. Her black leather boots were the first thing One sees. Then his eyes went up to look for her sweet face. He could finally see her face and her eyes, which were covered with black sunglasses. It seems like his girl is going on an all-black theme today.

One spread out his arms to indicate his surroundings and said to her loudly with a wide smile on his face, "Welcome, Eight, to your new second home!" Then, he walked towards her while she scanned the environment she's in. "I don't get a hug from my baby?" He said with a playful smile on his face.

"Do you treat all of your members like this?"

"Only you, sweetheart." He said with a wink. She rolled her eyes at him and walked ahead of him, she has no knowledge of where she's going to go, but she has to get away from him because she can't think straight when she's near him. "How about that hug, babe?"

"Never gonna happen." Again, the nerve of him to act as if nothing has happened between them. As if he never left her, shot her on her thigh, and never saying goodbye.

"Well then, let's meet the kids, shall we?" He said, then speed walk so he could walk in front of her. "I'll bet they'll love you more than me," He mumbled to himself. Eight heard him and smiled to herself unknowingly. She frowned at herself after realizing she was smiling at what One was saying.

This is exactly what she was thinking. He still could easily make her smile, and, God, she hates him so much for that.

They walked for a minute then entered a building. One suddenly stopped walking. Then he made a sharp turn to look at Eight straight in the eyes. He has a serious expression plastered on his face as he said, "I don't want you getting close to any of these people, okay, Vee? The only person you could go to is me and vice versa. We're the only ones that we could trust." He made a motion with his hands, pointing to her and him.

Eight replied to him with a simple "Okay." He grabbed her in between his thumb and index finger, which he often does when they were still dating three years ago. He leaned his head towards her's and planted his lips on the corner of her lips. He let his lips lingered for a moment, then he pulled away, scanning her face with an intense look. "God, I miss you so much." He mumbled quietly.

Eight put her hands on One's waist and turned him around with force. He chuckled at her antics and led the way for her.

The woman was kicking herself internally for letting him kiss her again. Then, snapping herself back to focus on where One is leading her, she noticed they were walking towards an extremely dim and grimy-looking room—Nothing she's never seen before.

Eight has always been an observant woman. So she scanned the people clustered around the room before she even steps her foot inside of the room. She first noticed a woman with bleached blonde hair standing close to a tall man with a beard. Then she saw a brown-haired woman and a blonde young man who was the shortest among all the other males in the group. Lastly, she sees a man with buzz-cut hair. She looked over each of them from head to toe, already taking notes in her head about each of the individual's body language.

"This is our haunted house. It's a lot like the bat cave. Except, it's nothing like the bat cave." One said. He then continued, "Seven and Eight, you're dead. Except, Eight has always been dead. But that's a story for another day. Anyway, you're going to be restricted to cities that you've never visited before. People that you've never met. All of course, except your fellow ghosts. None of whom you'll know by name- only number, for safety- and so no one gets too close." The newly recruited woman was looking at One while he was talking, and she noticed how Two, the blonde woman, glanced at One after he said, 'no one gets too close.

Eight noticed how One's demeanor immediately changed when he's around the other members of the ghosts. So she got the message that he doesn't want to show the others how 'close' they were actually. Or more like how 'close' they used to be. Eight just went along with it for the sake of their own safety.

One motioned for Eight, and the new member, Seven, he recruited to follow after him, "Walk over here. This is our target hit board. These 9 men have been placing too much shit inside the box. So now, the answer to us." He then walked towards the wall and ripped off a paper showing off a picture of a bald man.

"Target number one; this prick. First mission; the dictator of Turgistan, Rovach Alimov." One said with rage dripping from every word he uttered.

" One said with rage dripping from every word he uttered