⚫️ Baji Keisuke x Reader - I'm doing this for you (Part 1) ⚫️

|ANIME SPOILERS
FROM EPISODE 16 ONWARDS|

I recommend that you watch episode 16 at least if you haven't already.

(This is a fake scenario, I don't know what happens after episode 16 as of yet)

_______________________________

                 |ANIME SPOILERS|

•You and Baji are best friends, you met in elementary/primary school, so you've known each other for a long time. Your parents are friends and they used to arrange play-dates with you and Baji.
• You've liked Baji for a few years now,
but he's been distant since Kazutora killed Shinichiro (Mikey's brother).
• You don't blame Baji or Kazutora, you're upset but you know that they didn't mean to harm Shinichiro.
• You had known that they were going to rob a shop but you didn't realise that Mikey's brother worked there. You blamed yourself because if you had realised, then Shinichiro wouldn't have died.
• You feel like you had ruined everything for everyone.

Artist: ???
____________________________

Flashback ———————————————

The night that ruined everything.
'I wish I could go back in time to that day.'

You shoved your small frame through the dense crowd. The blinding red and blue lights flashed as you got to the crime scene tape. The blaring siren made your ears ring. Somewhere in the sea of sound and light, you saw Kazutora and Baji being escorted to a police van.
Baji weeped as Kazutora whispered,
"Kill...Kill..."
You spotted Mikey and pushed your way to him.
"What happened Mikey? Why is Baji and Kazutora getting arrested?!"
Mikey didn't answer, his eyes had glossed over, his mouth open slightly.
You shook him gently. He looked up at you slowly, you couldn't read him at all. Instead of waiting for him to come to his senses, you left.

You left him, by himself. You left him to deal with the grief of losing a brother, alone.

The guilt flooded you when you eventually found out. You ran to Mikey's home and apologised profusely. Mikey, however didn't seem to mind and said that he didn't hold it against you. Still, you felt horrible.

'If only I had realised, none of this would have happened...'

_______________________________

You felt bad everyday. Moreover, Baji wasn't the same after the incident. He was let off because Kazutora took the blame for him.
You tried to spend time with him like you did before, going out to buy drinks and hanging out by the river, playing video games at each other's houses, messing around with Mikey and the others. But, Baji would stop talking to you at the river, he stopped paying attention to the video games, he stopped hanging out with the group.
Whenever he was around anyone, he was quiet and distant. Your relationship with Baji suffered because of this. You assumed that he didn't want to hang out with you anymore, so you hung out with he group. But the group didn't feel the same without Baji.
It made you feel even worse.

You thought:
'Baji blames me for Shinichiro's death.'
Which turned into:
'Mikey blames me for Shinichiro's death.'
Which then lead to you thinking:
'Everyone blames me for Shinichiro's death.'

You stopped talking to any of them altogether, it hurt a lot. You missed them everyday, but you thought it was for the best.
'They'll be happier without me there.'

Two years had passed. You decided to visit an old shrine/temple after school to pray. As you walked up the steep stairs, you had noticed that no one was around, it was eerily silent.
'The shrine is old so people probably don't visit it too often, I think a new one was built a bit ago so people are most likely going to that one instead...'

(I'm really sorry if I'm not getting some of this info right or you need to do specific things before visiting shrines and praying etc. I'll try to correct anything I write as soon as you guys tell me)

As you had gotten to the top of the stairs, you heard heavy footsteps and men's voices. They were talking to each other near the foot of the second set of stairs. Worried but staying calm, you continued walking to the old shrine.
"Hey! What are you doing here?" A man asked you.
"Uhmm, I'm here to pray.."
The man looked at his friends with a raised brow and laughed.
"Are you trying to do something girl/boy?"
Confused, you blinked and said,
"I don't understand? I came here to pray, that's all."
"I bet she's/he's a spy from Valhalla." Another man said.
Everyone's faces contorted into anger.
You were starting to get scared.
One of the men grabbed your arm preventing you from getting away. They started asking questions about Valhalla. You said multiple times that you didn't know what or who Valhalla was.
"Please let me go, I don't know anything!"
You struggled while the man's grip tightened.
As the men were questioning you, more people had started to arrive, you swore that you recognised some of them but they had walked past too quickly for you to tell.
Suddenly you hear a voice.
"Yo, what's goin' on."
"Baji, you know you're no supposed to be here.."
'Baji?! What's going on here?!'
"Whatever man."
Baji appeared as he shoved some of the men out of the way. You stared mouth agape. He wore a black uniform with the words 'Tokyo Manji Gang' (I think lol) and a Swastica symbol.

(The Swastica Symbol ( or ) is an ancient religious icon in the cultures of Eurasia. It symbolises divinity and spirituality in Indian religions, including Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. The Nazis and Neo-Nazis adapted this symbol (tilted the right-facing form) and it is unfortunately usually recognised as a feature of Nazi symbolism.)

That's when it hit you. The Tokyo Manji gang hadn't disbanded. When you left you had automatically assumed that the gang had disbanded, but it seems that they had continued and grew while you were gone.
You were happy, happy that you didn't break everyone's relationships with each other, happy that they stayed together.
That sense of relief had caused your eyes to water, and spill.

"(F/N)....What are you doing here..?" Baji asked quietly.
"You know this girl/guy Baji?"
"She/he was a friend." Baji said bluntly.
'Was? Why did he say 'was'? Oh...Well, I suppose we haven't talked in a few years....'
Because of the commotion, the other Division Captains, along with Mikey and Draken can over.
You lowered your head,
"I'm sorry, I didn't realise that this was Toman's meeting place. I'll leave, I won't tell anyone I prom-"
"It's nice to see you (F/N.)" Mitsuya cut you off.
You looked up.
Upon seeing you, Mikey and Draken smiled at you.
The man let go of your arm and bowed.
"I'm so sorry, I didn't realise that you were friends with the Division Captains!"
"It's okay.."

"It's nice to see you guys too...I'm fine, how are you guys?" You replied shyly, rubbing your arm.
"Tch." Baji looked away.
"Good, we're just about to start a meeting, let's talk afterwards." Mikey stated.
Everyone dispersed and stood facing Mikey.
_______________________________

I've decided to do another part for this Oneshot, since I think it's going to be a bit longer than my usual Oneshots. Hopefully it won't take up 3 slots lol

1235 words including extra information
Hope you've enjoyed the story so far!!
04/08/2021