1

"Good karma, my aesthetic (aesthetic)
Keep my conscience clear, that's why I'm so magnetic"

𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐚

 I am woken up by the bright sun shining through my silk curtains, letting me know it's time to put my dreams aside and finally open my eyes. I truly don't want to, sleep is my best friend which sounds lame but sleep is the only thing that has never disappointed me. Well besides my cat, she has no choice but to be there for me. I flutter my eyes closed because I know subconsciously I have nothing to do today so more sleep it is. Maybe an hour later I am awoken by my cat Marie knocking a few books off my shelf. Marie is my cat. I have dreamed of having a cat since I was 10. However, I always had dogs growing up but that was because both my parents were allergic. The minute I settled down on my own I got a Marie. She is as sweet as cats get. "Marie! C'mon girl I need my beauty rest." she just meows back at me "Well you didn't need to have an attitude" I roll my eyes. I lay back down looking at my ceiling. I eventually gain the strength to grab my phone from my nightstand.

Wow, no notifications about what's new. I have never had many friends but I honestly prefer it like that. I find that when I'm alone is when I am happiest because nobody could judge me for my flaws and bring me down. After scrolling through Pinterest for a little while I look out my window to see the streets of Paris. Many people are yelling, and cars are honking but I don't know, I find a lot of peace in the sounds of Paris. It's very natural and calming in a way. A little sign telling me that no matter how big my problems may be, I get a reminder that I'm not alone in my misery.

I open my window slightly which makes the sound only grow louder. I place my feet on the ground below me and grab a t-shirt to throw on over my white lace set, that I wore to sleep. I slowly walk over to my bathroom stretching and making inaudible noises along the way. Once I see my reflection I cringe. My hair grew a mind of its own last night and is going in every direction. I attempt to pull out my hair tie and after a few pulls my hair is free. I have naturally straight hair but because I had my hair in a low bun it's a bit wavy. I try to brush through my hair but it just is frizzy and wavy in some places and perfectly fine in others. I grab the green clip my best friend got me for my birthday and clip my hair up and pull out a few baby hairs. I turn on the faucet, cup my hands, then splash my face. I grab my face wash, given to me by my dermatologist, and start to rub it into my face. Once I rinse I grab my moisturizer also given to me by my dermatologist and massage it into my skin. Then, grabbing my toothbrush and toothpaste, I start brushing my teeth.

As I'm brushing my teeth my cat mocha starts walking around my feet signaling she is hungry. I spit out the toothpaste and head toward my kitchen. Grabbing mocha's food from the cabinet, I place it on a small plate. I then walk over to my fridge and grab my cold brew, oat milk, and creamer. I've been a huge fan of coffee my whole life, specifically iced coffee I think it tastes better. I grab a mason jar and put some ice in it. the key is the fill it halfway with ice. Then cold brew goes all the way up to the rigged part. That spot is saved for my oat milk and french vanilla creamer which I used my milk frother to combine. Once adding all the ingredients I take a picture for my Instagram story. I don't have many friends but I do have quite the Instagram following.

For breakfast, I'm making my personal favorite. An English muffin with blueberry cream cheese on top. It's been my favorite breakfast since I was 14. As I'm eating I post my coffee pic to my Instagram story along with posting a mirror selfie I took last night to my feed. I did have friends when I still lived in the states. I'm just not good with internet relationships so when I moved here for school I kinda lost everyone. Which I think was for the best because the best way to grow is to be on your own. That way nobody gets in your way, I mean it's called self-growth for a reason. When I moved to Paris I think I learned a lot about myself. I mostly learned how much I hate social interaction and how horrible it makes me feel. I also found a strong love for reading and writing. I mean I didn't find it, reading and writing have always been a part of me. Just being here has changed my mindset. Here, I could get motivation from looking out my window. Now I came here to study Communications because I thought I wanted to be an influencer. Well, that was a stupid idea of mine. When I learned I could live and study in France, it wasn't the social media posts that excited me. It was the people, the culture, and the escape I would get from my life in the States. Before I could even unpack anything I decided to switch to Journalism.

I've always loved the idea of releasing a romance novel of mine someday. It would be an almost perfect relationship between a guy and a girl. Of course, to add some spice I'll have his ex show up and maybe she will be extra dramatic and leave the city. I've had it planned out since I was a little girl. I used to spend my nights hiding in my room to avoid screaming matches between my mother and father. My first ever book was a mimic of my parents. What life would be like for them if they were happy? I felt like I was helping them out, even though they've never seen my writing, nor do they know I'm pursuing it.

After finishing my food I rinse off my plate and dump out my cup. Once I've done the dishes It's time to get ready. I walk to my dresser and pick out my outfit for today. I grab my phone and turn on my go-to Spotify playlist. The song 'everybody wants to rule the world starts to play which gets me in the best mood. Dancing over to my dresser, I pick out a white short sleeve button-up with medium-wash mom jeans. Along with some white frilly socks and my loafers. Heading to the bathroom to do a natural makeup look. Some concealer here, blush there, a tad bit of mascara, and a sprinkle of highlighter. Oh, we can forget my red lip. I always just pat it on to make it look smudged. Almost as if I was snacking on some cherries. Then pulling my hair up, I let my curtain bangs cover my face as the rest goes back into the same clip from before. Once I'm done I grab my purse which my mother gave me as a 'Please come visit, we miss you' kind of gift. I grab my lipstick, my phone, and the book I'm reading and I'm set to go. Then off I go out into the wonderful city of Paris.

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞: 𝐡𝐢 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐞𝐬! 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐬𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤. 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐚 𝐏𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐒𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐲 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬.

𝐁𝐲𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐰

<𝟑