𝟐𝟐

𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐚

After my phone call with Reid immediately, I want to forget what happened. I feel bad that he thought I would fly here and get with a guy instantly. The whole purpose of me coming was to forget about him. So maybe I should do just that.

He doesn't even know what area of the city I'm in. 

He couldn't find me.

"Kie, c'mon, I wanna show you my favorite café." I hear, causing a warmness to spread to my chest. I forgot I was here with my sister for a second. I can't let him take over me like that.

"Alright, let's go," I respond with an attempt at a smile. Reid is my only thought right now. He says he's coming here. I don't know if I can handle him here, but I miss him. I also didn't tell Cam anything about all of this.

"So I was thinking we grab some coffee," Cam says as she walks with one hand holding Asher's and the other holding mine.

"Then we could go to a few places, Do you have anywhere you wanna see?" She asks me.

"Hmm, I need to see where Blair and Chuck got married," I respond, making her laugh.

"Okay, so Central Park?" she says, giving me this look.

"Yes, but I wanna see that spot in particular."

"Got it."

Arriving at the café, I was so anxious to get some coffee. I swear, no matter my situation, coffee can lift my mood a million times. I have gotten the same order since 7th grade. Cam says I should try new things since I get coffee so often. I disagree; why waste a good coffee trip on a new, maybe disgusting drink? Yeah got you there.

"Can I get an Iced Vanilla Latte with Oat Milk?" I ask politely.

"You don't want a blueberry muffin?" I hear Cam ask from behind me.

"Oh, um, no, thank you." I associate them with a specific person now. So they don't taste as good anymore.

"But those have always been your favorite," Cam says with a worried look on her face.

"I've been eating them daily to the point where they make me sick." I quickly respond, hoping Cam drops the topic.

"See, I told you that would happen," Cam says before we are met with a comfortable silence. 

After paying, they find our seats while I wait for our food. Looking out the window, I notice a couple across the street making out. Ew. I mean, of all places, why would they do it directly in front of my face?

"Two Iced Vanilla latte, one with oat milk, one regular for the beautiful brunette." I hear, making me turn to face the barista. Our eyes meet, and I'm satisfied with this feeling I haven't felt in a while. The last time I thought it was, well, with Reid. I never had guys be so upfront with me until him. I usually would have to make the first move which I was always terrible at. 

Coming back to reality, I realize I've been staring at this guy like a total idiot. 

"Oh, Sorry," I say as I grab my and Cam's Drinks.

"No worries." He says, causing me to look up, catching his eyes again.

"Beautiful?" I ask him somewhat quietly. Imagine if I heard him wrong.

"Sorry, did I say that out loud?" He responds as I see his face turn an extremely bright red. 

"Yes, yes, you did," I say as I start to laugh.